Trying to get a per diem Pharmacist position in Florida

Started by gpb59
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gpb59

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i retired from the VA recently,still young, I had alot of hospital experience, however my last 8 years of practice were primarily anti coagulation. I must have applied to about 40 hospital jobs in the SE Florida area, would be happy with just 8-10 hrs per week. I got 3 interviews but no offer. I wonder if the situation is hopeless, many times I see the same facility posting the same position and re applying and getting a boilerplate email that due to the large # of applicants we must dissapoint alot of applicants. Any advice?
 
I had the same problem when I lived in the south Florida area. The one "per diem" position I was able to interview for was actually a part time job that wanted me there every other weekend. They were nice people, but I wasn't willing to work that much.

Moved out of state and managed to get secure a PRN job literally 3 days after submitting my application. That's saturation for ya.
 
Good luck. I left in 2014. In 2011 when I graduated, I couldn’t find a job n soflo. I called Walgreens in Orlando. They told me they could put me on their waiting list. I’ll never forget that. A waiting list of pharmacists waiting for a pharmacist position to open up.

Been in the Southwest since 2014 and don’t think I’ll ever go back. I’ve met other pharmacists from soflo here, as well as other pharmacists from Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Connecticut. Many up on reservations. I believe they’re still up there (too afraid to work in retail in a city)which might explain why IHS now has less than one page of pharmacist vacancies. In 2014 they had at least 3 or 5.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck. I left in 2014. In 2011 when I graduated, I couldn’t find a job n soflo. I called Walgreens in Orlando. They told me they could put me on their waiting list. I’ll never forget that. A waiting list of pharmacists waiting for a pharmacist position to open up.

Been in the Southwest since 2014 and don’t think I’ll ever go back. I’ve met other pharmacists from soflo here, as well as other pharmacists from Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Connecticut. Many up on reservations. I believe they’re still up there (too afraid to work in retail in a city)which might explain why IHS now has less than one page of pharmacist vacancies. In 2014 they had at least 3 or 5.
Did you work during school?
 
I had the same problem when I lived in the south Florida area. The one "per diem" position I was able to interview for was actually a part time job that wanted me there every other weekend. They were nice people, but I wasn't willing to work that much.

Moved out of state and managed to get secure a PRN job literally 3 days after submitting my application. That's saturation for ya.
What state did you get a job in?