Trying to Get an Interview at PCOM/NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clemson Doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been complete at PCOM and NYCOM since late November and have heard absolutely nothing. I have checked with both schools, and was told that my file is complete and still "under review." That was in February. I asked the secretary at PCOM if she would advise that I speak with someone else about my application, and she said that I could discuss it with an admissions counselor but that they wouldn't be able to tell me anything more than she could regarding my status.

I know that my chance of getting an interview at either school this late in the game is slim. However, the thread about someone getting an interview at NYCOM in late April got me thinking about writing a letter of interest to both PCOM and NYCOM. It can't hurt, and it would make me feel better that I tried something to get noticed amidst a sea of applications.

So does anyone know who I can write at each school? NYCOM's website sucks, so any help there is greatly appreciated. The Director of Admissions at PCOM appears to be Deborah H. Erdner, but I can't tell how much involvement she has with medical school admissions. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

For PCOM:
I would say Deb Erdner (Director of Admissions) or Carol Fox (Dean of Admissions). From what Deb told me, she and Tammi Rice (asst. director. I believe thats her name) are responsible for going through all applications and selecting candidate for interviews. I think a letter to Deb would be your best bet. Carol Fox is probably way too busy to deal with it.
You never know. If anything the letter you send (FEDEX or UPS) could prompt someone to pull your file and give you another look. Are you sure your application was complete. Did they send you a card after you sent in the 2? app.
For NYCOM:
No clue, I only applied to PCOM.

Good Luck. I wish you the best.

Thank you for your valuable insight, raptor5. I did not receive a card from PCOM after sending in my secondary application, but I did call them and the secretary pulled my file and stated that my file is complete.

I will proceed with the letter to Deb Erdner, and perhaps also to Tammi Rice. Thanks again for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

Can anyone help me with the NYCOM contact?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in...I am also waiting and I spoke with a few people today and found out that PCOM will be interviewing into April...:clap:

really? i thought they were done at the end of March.

spoke with the admissions office in person today and they have interviews scheduled into april and are still sending out letters for interviews.

hopefully they are for spots and not just the waitlist though.

Lets hope not...but I guess its better than a rejection :rolleyes: