Trying to learn!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peanutbutter45654

Reaction score
Hello! I am a current medical student who is very interested in oncology. I am trying to learn more about current treatments and where we are generally with various types of cancer. Does anyone know of a good review article that summarizes current treatment models for a range of different cancers? I can only find articles that focus on very specific things, but I need something more general to just get a broad idea before I delve into details. If you know of any, I would greatly appreciate if you could link them here! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NCCN Guidelines?

Reactions: 1 user
The "How I Treat ..." series on heme diseases from Blood is a pretty good option too.

But yes, if you want to understand how we get from disease X to treatment Y, NCCN guidelines will get you there. The flowcharts in the front are probably not going to be very useful to you, but the 2nd half of each one has a discussion section that runs you through all the details of each disease type. Not massively in-depth and can be hard to understand if you don't already speak the language, but it's where I send all the students and residents who tell me they want to learn more about a certain disease.

Reactions: 2 users