Tsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
on my acceptance letter, it said the deadline was one week after receiving it. i turned it in the next school day after receiving my letter
thanks for the reply.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! I want to congrats to those who got accepted to TSU. I read either in this thread or another about how we should stick together and be team through these four years. I heard from a friend that is a p2 student at Tsu. She recommend that we should stick together or else we going to have a MISERABLE four years. the important thing is that if there's any problem with points on your test then you should let the president know so they can go to the teacher on your behalf b/c if you go and become disrespectful to the teacher then the teacher is not going to give the points back to you or anyone else. They might just give you a harder exam next time. Also, DO NOT CHEAT! if they found out then your next exam is going to be FIVE times as hard. please stick together and help each other out. Please please please I would like to have a good fun four years instead of a miserable. please don't ruin this for everyone. I have heard stories.

Hello everyone! I want to congrats to those who got accepted to TSU. I read either in this thread or another about how we should stick together and be team through these four years. I heard from a friend that is a p2 student at Tsu. She recommend that we should stick together or else we going to have a MISERABLE four years. the important thing is that if there's any problem with points on your test then you should let the president know so they can go to the teacher on your behalf b/c if you go and become disrespectful to the teacher then the teacher is not going to give the points back to you or anyone else. They might just give you a harder exam next time. Also, DO NOT CHEAT! if they found out then your next exam is going to be FIVE times as hard. please stick together and help each other out. Please please please I would like to have a good fun four years instead of a miserable. please don't ruin this for everyone. I have heard stories.
I am with you on that. Any wrong action from any student will count toward the whole class. BE AWARE OF THAT. It has happend before and will happen agian if any calssmate not watch their behavior. Respect the instructors and be helpful to them and to each other.curriculum is going to change and change is not easy at the beginning. Even instructors may be confused for a while but it is going to be all right after a while . Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone going to the TPA convention? I was told that it's not mandatory. Just making sure.

is anyone going to the TPA convention? I was told that it's not mandatory. Just making sure.

i'm going. i think it should be a lot of FUN. to network and get use to these things, meet others, socialize... the TPA has discounted hotels for people attending if they wish to stay at the very nice hotel. plus gives u a mini vacation to enjoy the riverwalk, even if u have been there a million of times. :thumbup:

i'm going. i think it should be a lot of FUN. to network and get use to these things, meet others, socialize... the TPA has discounted hotels for people attending if they wish to stay at the very nice hotel. plus gives u a mini vacation to enjoy the riverwalk, even if u have been there a million of times. :thumbup:
Have fun, too bad I can't make it. I'll definitely be at summer academy though.

I thought on the acceptance letter that it was required? it's going to be only one day. i think you should double check with Mrs. Davis to make sure that it's not mandatory.

I thought on the acceptance letter that it was required? it's going to be only one day. i think you should double check with Mrs. Davis to make sure that it's not mandatory.
It's not mandatory. Some people just can't make it.

Last edited:
Summer academy is in room GH100 right?

yes, GH 100 from 9:30 am - 230 pm. mon-thurs. july 6 - aug 6

also here are the classes for this fall. i just went to mytsuweb, signed in, registrations, enrollment services, and then down to look up classes (not to register)

i just copied and pasted it as well.

the highest number of hrs i have ever taken was 18 and that was my sophomore year (fall semester of 08). i definitely had my hands full with ochem, physics, pharm app, and a few other classes but all of that is nothing compared to what's up this fall...

Prin of Drug Action I Lab - 11691 - PHAR 418 - 01
Instructor: Edward J Eugere
1.000 Credit
8:00 am - 10:59 am M
Gray Hall 234

Pharmacy Practice I - 12107 - PHAR 421
Instructor: Darego O Maclayton
2.000 Credits
11:00 am - 12:00 pm MW
TBA

Spanish for Pharmacy - PADM 418
Instructor: Flora G Estes
1.000 Credit
1:00 pm - 1:50 pm M
Gray Hall 106

Biochemistry in Human Disease - PHCH 441
Instructor: Amruthesh Shivachar
4.000 Credits
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm MWF
Gray Hall 100

Pharmaceutic I Lab - 11399 - PHAR 413 - 02
Instructor: Edward C Bell
1.000 Credit
8:00 am - 10:55 am W
Gray Hall 120

Emergency Preparedness - 11693 - PHAR 429
Instructor:
2.000 Credits
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm W
H&PE Building 155

Pharmacy Practice I Laboratory - 12110 - PHAR 411 - 03
Instructor:
1.000 Credit
8:00 am - 11:00 am F
TBA
Biostatistics and Research - 12111 - PHAR 431
Instructor: Sondip Kumar Mathur
3.000 Credits
8:00 am - 9:30 am TR
TBA

Pharm Practice Experiences I - 11690 - PHAR 416
Instructor:
1.000 Credit
10:00 am - 10:55 am T
Gray Hall 100

Pharmaceutics I Calculations - 11397 - PHAR 433
Instructor: Theodore R Bates
3.000 Credits
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm TR
Gray Hall 100

Principles of Drug Action I - 12103 - PHAR 438 - 01
Instructor: Omonike Olaleye
3.000 Credits
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm TR
Gray Hall 100

also here are the classes for this fall. i just went to mytsuweb, signed in, registrations, enrollment services, and then down to look up classes (not to register)

the highest number of hrs i have ever taken was 18 and that was my sophomore year (fall semester of 08). i definitely had my hands full with ochem, physics, pharm app, and a few other classes but all of that is nothing compared to what's up this fall...

1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 234

2.000 Credits
TBA

1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 106

4.000 Credits
Gray Hall 100

1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 120

Instructor:
2.000 Credits
H&PE Building 155

Instructor:
1.000 Credit
TBA
3.000 Credits
TBA

Instructor:
1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 100

3.000 Credits
Gray Hall 100

3.000 Credits
Gray Hall 100
Thanks for all the info. That does look like a lot of classes. Looks like a lot of studying. Summer academy starts at 9:00am right? Only Mon-Thurs, that's good to hear. Also, we don't register until the last day of summer academy correct, and what about financial aid. I have not gotten anything, loans, etc even though it says I have completed everything. Do we have to buy the parking tag before summer academy starts or are they going to let us park for free for the first day and we buy it that day? Thanks.

Last edited:

1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 234

2.000 Credits
TBA

1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 106

4.000 Credits
Gray Hall 100

1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 120

Instructor:
2.000 Credits
H&PE Building 155

Instructor:
1.000 Credit
TBA
3.000 Credits
TBA

Instructor:
1.000 Credit
Gray Hall 100

3.000 Credits
Gray Hall 100

3.000 Credits
Gray Hall 100
Is this the new curriculum?

Thanks for all the info. That does look like a lot of classes. Looks like a lot of studying. Summer academy starts at 9:00am right? Only Mon-Thurs, that's good to hear. Also, we don't register until the last day of summer academy correct, and what about financial aid. I have not gotten anything, loans, etc even though it says I have completed everything. Do we have to buy the parking tag before summer academy starts or are they going to let us park for free for the first day and we buy it that day? Thanks.

my mistake, summer academy is from 9am-2:30pm. i think mrs evans or mrs davis will register us for classes. i dont know when though but definitely by the end of summer academy. everybody will be in the same lecture classes too. only the three lab classes will be on a different day.

as for financial aid, the system on mytsuweb says it complete too but no grants, loans, or aids are showing up

according to this website below, the tuition for 22 hrs of graduate pharm school should be $7,192.88 if the pattern of hrs continue (which it should). that is also just for the fall semester. my estimate cost of attendance tuition for the entire year is only $6,401.00...

i am probably going to talk to my financial adviser this week and purchase the parking decal as well. i dont want to take a chance of getting it towed. it happened once during my 1st year at tsu and it was like a 100 dollar fine total

http://em.tsu.edu/comptroller/fall/

i also believe that is the new curriculum of classes we will be taking this fall, however i am not certain

i just went to mytsuweb, signed in, enrollment services, registrations, then down to look up classes (not to register), fall 2009, then subjects, and then clicked on all the pharmacy classes.

here is the website for mytsuweb (https://banner.tsu.edu:7777/pls/orasso/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage)

i just looked up all the pharmacy classes and P1s are 400 level classes

Members don't see this ad :)
my mistake, summer academy is from 9am-2:30pm. i think mrs evans or mrs davis will register us for classes. i dont know when though but definitely by the end of summer academy. everybody will be in the same lecture classes too. only the three lab classes will be on a different day.

as for financial aid, the system on mytsuweb says it complete too but no grants, loans, or aids are showing up

according to this website below, the tuition for 22 hrs of graduate pharm school should be $7,192.88 if the pattern of hrs continue (which it should). that is also just for the fall semester. my estimate cost of attendance tuition for the entire year is only $6,401.00...

i am probably going to talk to my financial adviser this week and purchase the parking decal as well. i dont want to take a chance of getting it towed. it happened once during my 1st year at tsu and it was like a 100 dollar fine total

i also believe that is the new curriculum of classes we will be taking this fall, however i am not certain

i just went to mytsuweb, signed in, enrollment services, registrations, then down to look up classes (not to register), fall 2009, then subjects, and then clicked on all the pharmacy classes.

here is the website for mytsuweb (https://banner.tsu.edu:7777/pls/orasso/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage)

You are awesome, full of information, thanks for all the work. I'll prolly go up there also to get the parking tag because my car was towed last week for parking in a reserved slot, don't want it to happen again. Looks like we both got the same info. for financial aid. Thanks again.

the only class i recognize or have heard people talking about before is pharm calculations

as for the professors, i only recognize bates, bell, estes, and eugere

do you recognize any of the other professors?

i also think it is important to note that there is no lab for biochem and biostats

also, ippe starts during p1 year now right? i would assume that would be "Pharm Practice Experiences I - 11690 - PHAR 416" but the class location is GH 100.

anyways, i am enjoying the summer and would like it to last longer, however i am eager for summer academy to start and for my graduate studies in pharmacy to begin

see you guys next week and i really hope this will be a good 4 years :)

I see my grant awarded for 2009-10 in my tsuwebsite. As for the curriculum, I am not sure it goes by 400 level. I am sure of 19 hours but not heard 22 yet. lets hope it is not 22 , I do not see it in anybody to take 11 classes in one semester. By the way thanks for the info

I see my grant awarded for 2009-10 in my tsuwebsite. As for the curriculum, I am not sure it goes by 400 level. I am sure of 19 hours but not heard 22 yet. lets hope it is not 22 , I do not see it in anybody to take 11 classes in one semester. By the way thanks for the info
I had pell grant awarded to me last month, but then it was taken away, I think, not sure, but it was $0 instead of the full 2300 or whatever it was. I know we don't get grants for going pharmacy school, but I know we get subsidized and unsubsidized loans and such. 22 hours? Goodness, let's hope not, haha.

I had pell grant awarded to me last month, but then it was taken away, I think, not sure, but it was $0 instead of the full 2300 or whatever it was. I know we don't get grants for going pharmacy school, but I know we get subsidized and unsubsidized loans and such. 22 hours? Goodness, let's hope not, haha.
Somebody in financial office told me we are not considered GRADUATE until start of 5the year ( 2 years prepharm and 2 years pharm) TSU is different than other schools. I have not checked my grants again but I assume I am undergrad until 5th year out of 6year. They may change it though. Lets wait and see. We should enforce the fact and ask them to raise the amount of loan ( sub and unsub) because we do not have any time to work and make money . We need to talk to them seriously and be united on that. All other schools offer good loans to their students. Based on the information on TSU website the cost of pharmacy school is $26,755 for instate. cut and paste from site. Estimated Cost of Attendance
Pharmacy 2009-2010
Figures for 9-months stay based on two full-time semesters
(15 semester credit hours per term)
Consult the Fee Schedule for the latest figures
Expense
Resident
Non-Resident
On Campus
Off Campus
On Campus
Off Campus
Tuition and Fees
15251​
Books and Supplies
1705​
Rm and Board
12380​
Transportation
2128​
Personal Expenses
2266​
Grand Total
33730​

we need to talk to school and financial office both. If they want us to concentrate on our studies we need to make sure we have enough money for our expences. Give me your thought on this please.

The table messed up when transfering to this website's format. sorry about that. but you can find it out at TSU website yourself.

5th year? WTF, that's after p2, there's no way grants alone can be enough. I'm gonna have to talk to them about this. Ridiculous. Thanks for the info.

I was told by the financial aid officer that you won't count as a graduate/professional until your p3 year if you don't have a degree prior entering into pharmacy school. Let's just hope they give us loans.

I was told by the financial aid officer that you won't count as a graduate/professional until your p3 year if you don't have a degree prior entering into pharmacy school. Let's just hope they give us loans.

i have only been in college for 2 years. since fall of 07 to the present time so i should still get grants and subsidized loans until my p3 year correct?

this is my information on mytsuweb for fall 09 and spring 2010

Cost of Attendance Component Amount
Tuition and Fees $6,401.00
Room and Board $12,380.00
Books and Supplies $1,343.00
Personal $2,266.00
Transportation $2,128.00
Total: $24,518.00

the tuition for 19 hrs for fall 09 alone is $6315.26....

i submitted my fafsa a little late this year. like right before june 1st and no no aid is showing up online for me, even my honors program scholarship is not showing up. i hope i submitted the fafsa on time...

oh well, i am planning to talk to my financial adviser tom

i have only been in college for 2 years. since fall of 07 to the present time so i should still get grants and subsidized loans until my p3 year correct?

this is my information on mytsuweb for fall 09 and spring 2010

Cost of Attendance Component Amount
Tuition and Fees $6,401.00
Room and Board $12,380.00
Books and Supplies $1,343.00
Personal $2,266.00
Transportation $2,128.00
Total: $24,518.00

the tuition for 19 hrs for fall 09 alone is $6315.26....

i submitted my fafsa a little late this year. like right before june 1st and no no aid is showing up online for me, even my honors program scholarship is not showing up. i hope i submitted the fafsa on time...

oh well, i am planning to talk to my financial adviser tom
You should, but I'm not sure. I didn't get my scholarship either. My cost of attendance is the same as yours. They did gave me 2300 for pell grant each semester, but then it's $0.00 and $0.00. I don't know what's going on. I submitted my fafsa back in january. It went through several revisions by the financial aid office, but I didn't see anything changed, my EFC is still 0.

They are not going to give us a good lone as long as we are undergrad. They have to change our stat to grad, as other schools do or we have to work and make the rest. I have heard the lones are something around 15,000 for the whole year. you yourself have to work for the rest . Good luck

You should, but I'm not sure. I didn't get my scholarship either. My cost of attendance is the same as yours. They did gave me 2300 for pell grant each semester, but then it's $0.00 and $0.00. I don't know what's going on. I submitted my fafsa back in january. It went through several revisions by the financial aid office, but I didn't see anything changed, my EFC is still 0.
If you put Graduate as your status you should go back and change it to Undergraduate. Otherwise go and talk to school or call FAFSA . If your EFC is 0 and undergrad, u qualify for grant based on your income. If you make enough money that could be other reason you are not qualified. Good Luck

If you put Graduate as your status you should go back and change it to Undergraduate. Otherwise go and talk to school or call FAFSA . If your EFC is 0 and undergrad, u qualify for grant based on your income. If you make enough money that could be other reason you are not qualified. Good Luck
They told me they would change it back to undergrad. They told me to wait.

They told me they would change it back to undergrad. They told me to wait.
Does anybody know how much is the maximum loan we can receive for 2009-2010 at TSU? sub and unsub?

Although the huge table with people 15' away from you is pretty nerve wrecking, it is not that bad. I only had one tough question. The others were routine that if you really do what to be a pharmacist and know why and have experience you should be able to answer. Everyone is very nice here. GL to all!

what was your stats and volunteer and work experience ?
Im applying to all of those schools that you applied to.

Are we suppose to dress professionally? Or just whatever we usually wear to go to school with? Jeans and polo shirt is fine?

Are we suppose to dress professionally? Or just whatever we usually wear to go to school with? Jeans and polo shirt is fine?

i think we can just wear dark jeans and a collar shirt. the shirt can even be short sleeve

its going to rain this first week though.

btw, some info for pharm calc is already on blackboard

i think we can just wear dark jeans and a collar shirt. the shirt can even be short sleeve

its going to rain this first week though.

btw, some info for pharm calc is already on blackboard
all right, yeah I watched the weather, we can finally see some rain. I see pharm calc on my blackboard account also, thanks for the heads up.

i really hope it is 19 hrs too. isnt biostats supposed to be taken p3 year?

if biostats is taken off that list of classes, it would be exactly 19 hrs. and no 8am class for tuesdays and thursdays :)

i really hope it is 19 hrs too. isnt biostats supposed to be taken p3 year?

if biostats is taken off that list of classes, it would be exactly 19 hrs. and no 8am class for tuesdays and thursdays :)
I heard biostat is there. I just hope they take it off. they hesitate to talk about curriculum in summer institute. something is not right. whenever a student asks about it they keep quiet.

I heard biostat is there. I just hope they take it off. they hesitate to talk about curriculum in summer institute. something is not right. whenever a student asks about it they keep quiet.
seriously, they would not say anything about the new cirriculum. I know this year is when the ACPE is suppose to visit TSU Pharmacy for evaluation, maybe that has something to do with it.

The money won't be applied until you are registered in August. If you need to pay bills, make sure you have made other arrangements.

I agree with all of that.

Try private loans. Without a degree, you will still get undergrad money. I doubt that it will change this year.

TSU Pharm.D. Class of 2012

Hey guys. Don't take summer academy too seriously. Be professional and do well, but don't wear yourself out. Otherwise, by spring, you'll be exhausted.

Hey guys. Don't take summer academy too seriously. Be professional and do well, but don't wear yourself out. Otherwise, by spring, you'll be exhausted.
Man I've only skipped 2 classes, maybe I should skip more...