TUCOM CA and TUCOM NV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My TUCOM CA secondary was complete in mid-January and my TUCOM NV secondary was on hold, pending an undergraduate prereq.

I received my TUCOM NV secondary today, and noted that it is almost identical to the TUCOM CA secondary.

My question is this - should I do my TUCOM NV secondary? And if I use nearly-identical answers to my TUCOM CA secondary, is that acceptable?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to both, and I used pretty much exactly the same stuff except for the few places where the questions varied slightly. Have you heard back from the Cali one? I heard back pretty much the same week I was complete, just a heads up.

Use the same thing, they do not cross reference apps. There are two totally separate admissions offices and committees.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard back from the Cali one? I heard back pretty much the same week I was complete, just a heads up.

Booo. :(
I haven't heard back yet, other than the postcard to tell me I am complete. (1/18.)

I'm sure my GPA (undergrad 2.9) is hurting me, but I tried to combat that with a graduate degree (GPA 3.9). I went PS12, BS12, VR10 on the MCAT, which should be in my favor, also. 4 years working in a hospital, 1 1/2 years in an osteopathic clinic. Somebody show me some love!

I'm pretty surprised that you haven't heard back, it could be because it is crunch time though. I'm pretty sure they are booked through the end of february, if not later already. You are going to need a strong interview because you are late in the cycle and they wont be able to accept everyone that interviews on your day and the other 30 people from the other 3 interview days. Dr. Haight was explaining this to us. You grad scores and and mcat should definitely pull in your favor though.

Also, if you are concerned you could call and ask if your file is under review or on hold for any reason.

Just finished my TUCOM-NV application this morning, laregely using my TUCOM-CA answers.
I kept getting a feeling of deja vu, for obvious reasons. But the feeling was so profound that I kept having to check if I'd done the TUCOM-NV application already. :)

Also, if you are concerned you could call and ask if your file is under review or on hold for any reason.

I just sent a status check e-mail. They say that the turnaround time for that is usually one working day, but I'll wait a week before I start getting antsy. :)

Sometimes they are a bit slow, especially this time of year.

hang in there.

bh

Sometimes they are a bit slow, especially this time of year.

Yeah, they wrote back to me pretty quickly, but there wasn't a lot of information. I was just told that my application is still under review.
(Which, I guess, beats "no longer under review.) ;)

Still, it hasn't been a month since I've been complete, anyway, so I'm not surprised to still be waiting.

I took a look at the match list yesterday, and it's quite impressive!
And as a life-long bay area resident, I'd love to go!

Just finished my TUCOM-NV application this morning, laregely using my TUCOM-CA answers.

Wheee, responding to my own post.
I just got an invitation to interview today!
That's some seriously quick turnaround.
I mailed my secondary in on Tuesday.
Do they invite everyone to interview?

To NV or MI?

I don't remember the exact #'s for NV, but for MI the only invite 425 of the 4000-4500 applicants.

I reread it and I'm assuming NV, i don't know for sure, but I'm assuming its similar. It's a nice campus, my only concern is that it is so new, there are a lot of nice things about the way things are run at the NV campus.

Also, it is a very very relaxed and comfortable interview. I have chosen MI over that campus, largely because I have a friend going to MI and because I don't really enjoy the desert all that much.

To NV or MI?

Nevada

I'm kind of in a weird situation, because (assuming the standard competitive numbers are are 3.5 and 27), I'm very strong in one category and very weak in the other. (2.9 and 34.) The 2.9 was due to a combination of immaturity and unpreparedness, which changed when I got a 3.9 in grad school (M.A. - Biology / Physiology.)

But good to know that they don't invite everyone to interview. I thought it was interesting that the invite came so quickly. Maybe that's a good thing!

They also have a guaranteed fast turn around time. Adcom meets every 2 weeks, so you can find out by email w/in 2 weeks. I found out have 5 days later, should have been 4 but there was an unexpected hold up.

Nevada

I'm kind of in a weird situation, because (assuming the standard competitive numbers are are 3.5 and 27), I'm very strong in one category and very weak in the other. (2.9 and 34.) The 2.9 was due to a combination of immaturity and unpreparedness, which changed when I got a 3.9 in grad school (M.A. - Biology / Physiology.)

But good to know that they don't invite everyone to interview. I thought it was interesting that the invite came so quickly. Maybe that's a good thing!

With your MCAT score and a grad degree, you are so already accepted. For sure.

congrats.

With your MCAT score and a grad degree, you are so already accepted. For sure.

Well, that kind of positive response sure is good for the ego. :)

I'm hoping to receive the TUCOM-CA invite today via e-mail.
*wait*wait*

Well, that kind of positive response sure is good for the ego. :)

I'm hoping to receive the TUCOM-CA invite today via e-mail.
*wait*wait*

TUCOM-CA doesn't come via email. It will be in your mailbox.