SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

TUCOM-CA (Touro University) Class of 2020

Discussion in 'Osteopathic Class Threads' started by CaffeinatedForLife, Jan 5, 2016.

1. enter_and_escape

enter_and_escape 2+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2014
    What's the cheapest insurance plan in NorCal? The student insurance plan from Touro looks pricey.

spacenut and 20Hopeful16 like this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 20Hopeful16

20Hopeful16 2+ Year Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Would like to know more about this as well.

4. PopeChaChaStix

PopeChaChaStix Let's do the time warp again 2+ Year Member

May 28, 2015
    You'd have to check the marketplace in CA. I don't know for sure what it is but I'll bet it's a rip off unless we qualify for Medicaid without any income source.
    All I can offer is that Touro's plan is cheaper than keeping what my work offers and paying the full share.
    Just figured I'd write since its been pretty quiet on the subject. Sorry I can't add much

5. FutureDrBrah

FutureDrBrah

Mar 29, 2016
    Just posted in facebook group. Posting to sub to thread.

6. spacenut

spacenut

Nov 17, 2015
    Are any of you planning on getting the MPH? If so, what do you plan on doing with it?

7. enter_and_escape

enter_and_escape 2+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Has anyone seen this year's Match list? just wondering.

8. lestari

lestari 5+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2011
    California
    MDApps:
    Hi all! Im a 4th year at Touro. I live in Berkeley and have some furniture (desk, futon, etc) and books I used for school to sell if anyone is interested. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

9. yanks26dmb

yanks26dmb 7+ Year Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes, pretty impressive

10. Veni_vidi

Veni_vidi

May 30, 2016
    DRUG SCREEN:

Hey TUCOM-CA 2020! Can anyone find recent info about whether there is an initial drug screen?

The language in the acceptance Response Form implies there is an initial drug screen. But it's vague, like they put in general language that they can use for Nursing and Pharmacy too. It reads, “I consent to submit to a background check and drug screen prior to or during my enrollment… The cost of the first background check and drug screen will be borne by Touro University.”

According to the old AACOMAS 2009 osteopathic medical college information book (CIB),
    “TUCOM-CA does not require drug testing prior to matriculation. Some rotation sites, however, may require students to pass such a test prior to commencing their rotations.” The 2016 CIB does not give school-specific info about drug testing.

Please help!

PopeChaChaStix likes this.
  11. PopeChaChaStix

PopeChaChaStix Let's do the time warp again 2+ Year Member

May 28, 2015
    I had the same concerns.

I'm going to Touro this fall and have been assured there is no initial screen.

12. Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad 2+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Hi, at the risk of having a duh moment or why-didn't-you-pay-attention moment but were we supposed to register for our classes already? If so, how do we pick our classes in the TouroOne portal? If not, when do we register or is it done for us?

13. Jackal123

Jackal123

Jan 22, 2018
    Interested as well.