TUCOM March Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutievans

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone Interviewing on March 12th at TUCOM? wanna carpool, split a cab/ room?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone Interviewing on March 26th at TUCOM? wanna carpool, split a cab/ room?

Hey-which one are u interviewing at-NV or CA?

Also, when did you submit your secondary application to the school?

Oh I guess I forgot to state the campus. I am interviewing at the Mare Island Branch. Vallejo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goodluck!, don't let the group interview get you worked up. All of our interviewers were very friendly. Just remember to listen to your fellow interviewies in addition to the interviewers.

Goodluck!, don't let the group interview get you worked up. All of our interviewers were very friendly. Just remember to listen to your fellow interviewies in addition to the interviewers.
aw thanks digital01. I am pretty excited. so what questions did they ask you? Any advice?

Just relax and be yourself, I know everyone says this but it truelly is important. None of the questions were difficult and most were tailored to my specific application. I did receive the one obvious question of "why osteopathy over allopathic?" The others were specific to my application so I don't think it would help much. It can be intimidating to respond in front of 6 peers and 3 interviewers, but keep your cool and you will be alright. Remember TUCOM-MI only interviews 425 of the 4000-4500 applicants so they already like you. They just want to get to know you personally. Be honest, and be yourself are the biggest suggestions I can make.

If you have any other specific questions feel free to PM me.

I am interviewing at Touro, MI on March 26th also. I did not know they only interview 425 out of about 4500. I already interviewed at NYCOM and will be interviewing at LECOM on 2/23.

Digital01 - Are there a lot of good places to go around there for Nightlife? What are the good points and bad points of attending Touro?

In the immediate area, not that I saw. BUT, it is 30 min away from San Francisco where there is tons of things to do, also, You are within a couple hours of Lake Tahoe for skiing and what not.

I am interviewing at Touro, MI on March 26th also. I did not know they only interview 425 out of about 4500. I already interviewed at NYCOM and will be interviewing at LECOM on 2/23.

Digital01 - Are there a lot of good places to go around there for Nightlife? What are the good points and bad points of attending Touro?

hey i am interviewing at lecom too, not until march 9th though. i have heard good and bad things about both tucom and lecom, we'll see once we get there. so are u in state?

Pros/Cons are pretty subjective but,

Pro's for me:
Residency Matches
Rotation Options
Admin Listens to the students.
Seems to have decent comraderie between the students, though I've heard differently from some people.

Cons:
Campus isn't that nice to look at ( this really doesn't matter that much, but if you want to hear cons)
Not that high of a pass rate
Vallejo isn't that great of an area(pro and con, b/c its near napa,san fran, tahoe, reno, but the immediate area isn't great)
Still a relatively newer school.

hey i am interviewing at lecom too, not until march 9th though. i have heard good and bad things about both tucom and lecom, we'll see once we get there. so are u in state?

I am from Rochester, NY where it is freezing cold. Where are you from?
I also have heard good and bad things, mostly the location for LECOM people have said is bad. I have talked to a DO that recently went to lecom and is now a neurologist specializing in epilepsy, she said it prepared her really well. She did her residency at Strong Medical center in Rochester, NY which is a great program.

I am from Rochester, NY where it is freezing cold. Where are you from?
I also have heard good and bad things, mostly the location for LECOM people have said is bad. I have talked to a DO that recently went to lecom and is now a neurologist specializing in epilepsy, she said it prepared her really well. She did her residency at Strong Medical center in Rochester, NY which is a great program.
i am from texas, so are u flying in? which airport is better to come in to, oakland or sfo?

Members don't see this ad :)
i am from texas, so are u flying in? which airport is better to come in to, oakland or sfo?

I mapquested it and oakland is closer, so thats where I am flying into

Hi! I'm also interviewing at TUCOM on Mar 26-- it'll be my first time in the non-southern Cali area! Can't wait to see you guys there!

changed my interview date to March 12th you all, anyone interviewing then?

just reserved a two bed room at quality inn for Touro-MI for march 11th. lemme know if anyone wants to room with me :)

I have not received a Touro-CA invite to interview. :(
I desperately want one! I have one for Touro-NV.
I'm only about an hour away from Vallejo, and would jump at the chance to interview. Are they still inviting?
(I was complete relatively late - January 18.)

did u call to check on ur application? if not call em and ask, gluck :)

did u call to check on ur application? if not call em and ask, gluck :)

I sent an e-mail request for status update, and got the typical "Your application is under review." :/

I sent an e-mail request for status update, and got the typical "Your application is under review." :/
well I'd call them, cos you can talk to them and find out how long it will be under review. I called them and asked and when they said its under review I asked them how long before I know and they told me that a committee was meeting the week after and that I could call back and find out what they decided. Try that.

It's weird that you haven't heard back still. I heard back within a week.

well I'd call them, cos you can talk to them and find out how long it will be under review.

Do you have a number I can call or a contact person?
I called the Admissions Office, and they told me to e-mail Lynn Huckle (which I have already done.)

Try asking to speak with her. I tried an email update and I didn't get an overly pleasant response, but I think it is b/c their turn around time is usually so quick. I'm not sure what the deal is with you. It is my understanding that Dr. Haight personally selects who is to be interviewed.

Good luck cutievans!

Stringerbell - perhaps it's too late in the cycle? The turn around time for me was a week as well, but I was complete before Thanksgiving or around that time.

Good luck cutievans!

Stringerbell - perhaps it's too late in the cycle? The turn around time for me was a week as well, but I was complete before Thanksgiving or around that time.
thanks bell, u got any tips for me. congratulations u got in!!!

Good luck cutievans!

Damn, I got lucky to move my interview up. I had it moved up pretty much an entire month. I was complete here until like the 2nd week of december.

I'm not sure what the deal is with you. It is my understanding that Dr. Haight personally selects who is to be interviewed.

Or perhaps I'm just not qualified?

I got another reply to my status today, saying it hasn't changed since the last time I asked for an update (Feb 7.)

Don't you have like a 30somethin MCAT?

Don't you have like a 30somethin MCAT?

MCAT - 34R
But Undergraduate GPA of 2.9 :(
(Graduate GPA of 3.9, M.A. Biology/Physiology)

Combination of being late in the cycle plus poor GPA isn't helping.
Although, I do have an Interview at Touro-NV and hopefully an invite to Western (I was wondering why I didn't get an interview there, and then just found out today that my boss didn't submit the evaluation form like she said she would.) :(

I also interviewed at A.T. Still-Mesa, but didn't get accepted there. :(

thanks bell, u got any tips for me. congratulations u got in!!!

Hahaha, that was actually a message from GProtein* who also said something to me in the same post. :)

But GOOD LUCK all the same!

I really think that graduate GPA should help you.

MCAT - 34R
But Undergraduate GPA of 2.9 :(
(Graduate GPA of 3.9, M.A. Biology/Physiology)

Combination of being late in the cycle plus poor GPA isn't helping.
Although, I do have an Interview at Touro-NV and hopefully an invite to Western (I was wondering why I didn't get an interview there, and then just found out today that my boss didn't submit the evaluation form like she said she would.) :(

I also interviewed at A.T. Still-Mesa, but didn't get accepted there. :(

hahha oops dint even realize, congratulations protein!!!

Haha! Thanks!

My only advice is be yourself and listen, listen, listen to everyone in the panel interview. I was really nervous going into the interview but this gradually went away. Dr. Haight rules and does his best to ensure you have an overall great experience.

Good luck!!

PS: Know what you wrote in your personal statements, because most of the questions they will ask are very personal to you. :)

no one interviewing with me on the 12th :-/???

I'll be flying to Europe that day :D. You'll be fine, just stay calm and be yourself! Hopefully we'll see you out there next year!

I'm actually giving up my interview at TUCOM for Mar 26-- so I hope someone gets it!

Dr. Haight is AWESOME!!! people he really wants you to get in, omg and he makes you feel so good about being there, he is just great. I will know by friday if I am in or not, but anyone interviewing at this point, he told us that if u don't get in there is a good chance that its because it is so late during the application cycle and that they don't have much seats left. but people all of u all who have interviews he is just great, and he decided to not be an interviewer or vote on who gets selected because he doesn't want u to think he is judging you all the time. he is the one who picks who gets to interview though. any questions, let me know :)

I just saw this post. I too was at the interview yesterday. How did you feel the interview went? Were you in the group of 4 or 6? I REALLY want to get accepted here. Good luck on Friday!!!!!!

I just saw this post. I too was at the interview yesterday. How did you feel the interview went? Were you in the group of 4 or 6? I REALLY want to get accepted here. Good luck on Friday!!!!!!
I was in the 4 group. Did you e-mail him? I did, guess we'll know tomorrow, keep those fingers crossed :) , gluck!!!