TUCOM-MI interview/admissions process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jenegie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how the admissions process works at TUCOM once you have completed an interview. Who sits on the admissions committee? Are the interviewers present for the discussion of who is admitted? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how the admissions process works at TUCOM once you have completed an interview. Who sits on the admissions committee? Are the interviewers present for the discussion of who is admitted? TIA
Did you interview yet? Dr. Haight explained all that on my interview day. The admissions committee meets every other week, therefore they pick between approx 40 students every time they meet,20 from each week. The interviewers present you to others who do not know you at all, and argue about whether to accept/reject/waitlist you. Dr. Haight, the admissions director used to vote on interviews but he decided neither to interview students not vote on who gets in because he doesn't want you to feel that he is judging you when you are talking to him. Dr. Haight will e-mail you the result of the interview the day after the decisions are made if you e-mail him and let him know that you want an e-mail. He does this because he cannot send those e-mails out before the dean signs the acceptance letters. within two weeks of when you know u need to send in your deposit of 2000 if you want the spot. if you are waitlisted, they let you know if u r on a high, mid or low position on the waitlist. let me know or PM me if you have any other questions :)