TUCOM NV Students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureHuskerDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been accepted and I've mailed in my first deposit. Now what else do I need to do? Will I need to send in updated transcripts after each semester? Is there a certain average I need to maintain in order to keep my spot? Im really excited and want to make sure I have all of my stuff together. Its bittersweet already knowing where I will be attending etc, because Im glad that I know early in the game, but it stinks that theres still so much time before it all starts. Im just really excited!

Members don't see this ad.

What did you think of TUCOM-NV? I'm going for my interview on Dec. 05th, and I haven't heard much from this forum. Plus the website is horrendous. Did you like the facilities, curriculum, atmosphere, location? Where else did you interview and what was TUCOM-NV comparably? I've interviewed at VCOM and LECOM-FL already, with PCOM-GA coming up. I'm just trying to get a good idea before the interview.

J-Smitty

Hey, I'm in too! So excited as well, I cant wait to start!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your right, the website sucks. But the atmosphere and facilities were great. A lot of people are turned off by the library because it doesnt have all of the old musty books like the old "prestigous" (sp?) medical schools have. Lets face it, all of our reference is going to be digitalized in our lifetime anyway. I loved the school, and especially the people. Good luck in your interviews. They're extremely laid back.

I noticed that TUCOM NV does tours on M-Th. I am going to be in Vegas this weekend (Friday and Sat) for a conference but wanted to check out the campus. It is accessible for someone to just walk around and check things out or do you need to be on a tour? I know at Western U you'd probably get arrested for doing that... I guess I can always contact the school also, but I thought I'd ask since I'm in front of a computer.

FutureHuskerDoc said:
Okay, so I've been accepted and I've mailed in my first deposit. Now what else do I need to do? Will I need to send in updated transcripts after each semester? Is there a certain average I need to maintain in order to keep my spot? Im really excited and want to make sure I have all of my stuff together. Its bittersweet already knowing where I will be attending etc, because Im glad that I know early in the game, but it stinks that theres still so much time before it all starts. Im just really excited!
Hey guys! First off, congratulations on getting accepted! We've just finished up our block exam week so people have been a little fired. Sorry no one got back to you.

Anyway FutureHuskerDoc, if you are in school now Roger will send you a letter around April asking for your official transcript. You're all ready in, so just make sure that you pass your classes and graduate. Again… MAKE SURE YOU GRADUATE. We lost a guy a week before classes started because he didn't finish his degree. It's one of the pre-req's for our school, so don't slack off too much now that you're in. (oh, the guy who didn't have his degree got rolled into the 2010 class so that he can finish, they aren't that heartless) If you are planning of buying a house up here you might start looking sometime soon, other than that it's way too early to be looking at apartments or anything else. Just enjoy life for a while. My class started a google group that really helped people get to know one another. You guys might think about doing the same.

Again, congratulations and welcome to the family. If you have any questions (and I'm sure you do) feel free to PM me.

layne said:
Hey, I'm in too! So excited as well, I cant wait to start!
I didn't want to leave you out! Congratulations!

moinmoin said:
I noticed that TUCOM NV does tours on M-Th. I am going to be in Vegas this weekend (Friday and Sat) for a conference but wanted to check out the campus. It is accessible for someone to just walk around and check things out or do you need to be on a tour? I know at Western U you'd probably get arrested for doing that... I guess I can always contact the school also, but I thought I'd ask since I'm in front of a computer.
I'm not sure when we offer an "official" tour. We're a Jewish school and the Sabbath starts at 2pm on Friday. This means that the school will be locked on Saturday to visitors. Your best bet is to shoot Roger Corbman and email (Email: [email protected] or 702-777-8687) for Friday morning.

Those of you who have been accepted - what are your stats, ec's, date of release. Please share, thanks.

Kubed said:
I’m not sure when we offer an “official” tour. We’re a Jewish school and the Sabbath starts at 2pm on Friday. This means that the school will be locked on Saturday to visitors. Your best bet is to shoot Roger Corbman and email (Email: [email protected] or 702-777-8687) for Friday morning.

Thanks! I'll do that. I was planning on getting to campus Friday morning, before the Sabbath started.

moinmoin, PM me if interested in taking a tour.

For everyone else who would like to learn more about MERIN go to...

www.merinv.org

hey, if anyone has any questions...they can pm me as well...

im a first yr student at tunv and love it :D

congrats to those who got in!!