TUCOM waitlisted anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bosnia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

I guess I'm in the "waitlisted limbo". Got an e-mail from Touro Mare Island stating I was placed on medium waitlist. Here are few questions that I really need answer to:
1) What does this mean, exactly?
2)Is anyone in the same boat?
3) How many folks have moved from medium wait list at Touro MI and got in the same year?
4) What do I do now ( please, DO NOT say take another MCAT- I would rather check into inpatient mental facility)

I really loved this school, liked the students, faculty and SF is close by - overall, it was very exciting. I thought I did so well at the interview, I was mentally geting ready to write declination letters for my other schools
(I guess, so much for my introspection!)

Anyway, write away, give advice and support and feel free to pm me as well.

Thanks y'all (one day I'll get this Texas twang right!)

Members don't see this ad.

I was high-waitlisted at Touro-NV and that turned into an acceptance three months later. In the meantime, I was accepted outright at Touro-MI.

I would recommend talking to Dr. Haight about it. He'll be straight with you. Ask him if he anticipates that he'll be taking folks off of the waitlist for this year, and if not, how far down in the waitlist he anticipates going for Early Decision. I might also send in a Letter of Intent, saying everything you loved about the school and that, if accepted, you would turn down all other interviews/acceptances in order to attend. Also thank him for the interview invitation and send thank-you's to your interviewers(You should do this last one anyway).

I don't know if a Letter of Intent would help you, but it certainly can't hurt. Where did he say the school was in the interview/# seats left during your interview(mostly I'm curious)?

When I was waitlisted in Nevada, I certainly never expected to hear from them again, but lo and behold, a mere three months later they were already pulling folks off of the waitlist! This process is so random.

Good luck to you!

I've been on TUCOM-CA "high alternate" list since last November. I've sent in a letter of intent and talked with Dr. Haight. Basically you have to wait it out until May. It sucks but they're still interviewing...after they're done interviewing they'll have a better idea of how many can come off the waitlist. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys !

I have already sent thank you letters to all my interviewers (including med student :)
For now, I've got two more classes (Biochem and Cell Bio) to complete - to show them I really want to do this, so once I have grades in - I can send this to strengthen my application .

In May, I am off to Bosnia - I'm actually going to be volunteering at a hospital there - I hope all this counts for something - I JUST WANT OUT OF THIS LIMBO!!!

Thanks again !

hansdieter702 said:
I've been on TUCOM-CA "high alternate" list since last November. I've sent in a letter of intent and talked with Dr. Haight. Basically you have to wait it out until May. It sucks but they're still interviewing...after they're done interviewing they'll have a better idea of how many can come off the waitlist. Good Luck!