TUCOM Waitlisters!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has already been taken off of the waitlist and accepted to TUCOM yet? In previous years (last year or the year before), when did Touro start pulling people from the waitlist (is there a trend)? Any information would really be appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

During the interview at TUCOM Dr. Haight tells everyone the whole wait list "shpeel". Admission's rates the people on the waitlist high, medium, and low. The high individuals have the best chance of either geting in or being deffered for acceptance the next year. If you are ranked medium and low, it is suggested you make other plans. In order to find your rank you can email Dr. Haight after your interview.

I'm a 2010 TUCOM-CA student, so I know your anxiety. I was waitlisted and then deffered myself. However, this was actually for the best. The defferment gave me time to finish up my research and enjoy the last year of my non-medical life.

Have you gone through the interview? How did it go?

Best of Luck! :smuggrin:

doc22 said:
I was wondering if anyone has already been taken off of the waitlist and accepted to TUCOM yet? In previous years (last year or the year before), when did Touro start pulling people from the waitlist (is there a trend)? Any information would really be appreciated, thanks!

hey! i'm glad i saw this thread..since i'm on the medium waitlist this year :oops: i know that as of the end of last month dr. haight said they only divided the high waitlisters into two tiers. i think that the waitlisters will receive updates on the waitlist at the end of may or early june. Last year they did not get through all the high waitlist people, and i know that this year they had a high increase in applicants. i also heard of someone from the high list last year not getting in but someone from the medium list got pulled right in august. I'm hoping that there will be some movement..just stay in touch with dr. haight and the admissions office!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you SO MUCH everyone for replying! I wanted to ask since I was wondering if there was a certain time in the season where Touro pulls a ton of people off the waitlist at the same time....I'm a bit anxious since I feel as though I've waited almost a full year! I feel a bit relieved that TUCOM will send us an email update about the waistlisted positions....so thank you for sharing! good luck everyone!

Hopefully we will hear some good news soon! I was high waitlisted back in Feb. Now it is just a waiting game ;)

I'm on the medium waitlist. Does anyone know how many applicants are waitlisted? Dr. Haight told us that last year, 35 waitlisters were offered early acceptances for this, in addition to those who were offered seats for last August. Hopefully, most waitlisters either get a seat or a deferral for the following year! Good luck! :thumbup:

So has anyone heard anything...or are we still waiting? Sorry for all the posts, I'm still trying to be patient, but I'm not sure if I should just re-submit apps for next year. Anyone have any news?

doc22 said:
So has anyone heard anything...or are we still waiting? Sorry for all the posts, I'm still trying to be patient, but I'm not sure if I should just re-submit apps for next year. Anyone have any news?

still waiting! i think we should be getting e-mail updated from dr. haight towards the end of may according to my waitlist letter. we won't know about early accept for next year until august for sure. it couldn't hurt to re-submit the apps..although if you get in this year it would be a waste of money :oops: i hope the waitlist moves this year!

Still no news! :confused: Are you all waiting for MI or NV? Are you high/med/low?

Hey Guys! I have a question for ya. I have an interview coming up in June 19. My guess is that is is probably the last of the interviews with touro. Anyway, for those of you who have recently interviewed, do you know what GPA/MCAT average right now? And does anyone know what % of each interview group is offered a place and what % is waitlisted? Thanks!

gorgeousj9 said:
Hey Guys! I have a question for ya. I have an interview coming up in June 19. My guess is that is is probably the last of the interviews with touro. Anyway, for those of you who have recently interviewed, do you know what GPA/MCAT average right now? And does anyone know what % of each interview group is offered a place and what % is waitlisted? Thanks!

I thought Touro was done with interviewing people at the end of April.... are you interviewing for Fall 06 or 07???
btw...i'm on medium waitlist :(

Nope, interviewing for 2010 class and Linda Huckle said that it is for a spot, not a waitlist. The interview day is June 19. I guess it is the very last day too. My grades were higher than last year's average (3.3 and 26), but I dont' know how much of a chance I have at this point.

gorgeousj9 said:
Nope, interviewing for 2010 class and Linda Huckle said that it is for a spot, not a waitlist. The interview day is June 19. I guess it is the very last day too. My grades were higher than last year's average (3.3 and 26), but I dont' know how much of a chance I have at this point.

I'll tell you the same thing that Dr. Haight will tell you at the interview: your numbers are already hunky-dorey as far as they are concerned. They wouldn't interview you if they were concerned with them, so just concern yourself with doing great on the interview day. Try to be genuinely interested in what your fellow applicants are saying, ask questions that show your interest and depth of knowledge about the school, such as where the summer programs abroad are going, what 3rd and 4th year rotations are available in the Bay area, etc.

At this point, there's not much that worrying about your numbers can accomplish, so focus on really giving great answers at the interview. One piece of advice I will give you is that you should make your answers more than monosyllabic, but don't be preachy and verbose. Don't waste the other interviewers' time by talking ALL the time, but make sure your answers have some depth. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
So if the last interview day is June 19th, will Tucom start pulling people off of the waitlist after that date (seems a bit late!)? I'm just wondering what happened last year, since I can't find any forums through an sdn search about waitlisted spots and movement. Sorry for being so impatient, everyone...maybe we'll all hear an update sometime soon!

It is pretty discouraging to hear that they will be interviewing into mid June! I would imagine that would mean no movement before that time. Oh well. I was high waitlisted in Feb. and have been holding out hope of hearing some time soon. It is hard being in a place where you are unsure of where you will be moving to in just a few months. It is also hard for me knowing I am holding a position at another school that someone else desperately wants as well. I am sure a lot of you feel the same way, good luck everyone and maybe we will be pleasantly surprised by earlier movement.

Lisa3158 said:
It is pretty discouraging to hear that they will be interviewing into mid June! I would imagine that would mean no movement before that time. Oh well. I was high waitlisted in Feb. and have been holding out hope of hearing some time soon. It is hard being in a place where you are unsure of where you will be moving to in just a few months. It is also hard for me knowing I am holding a position at another school that someone else desperately wants as well. I am sure a lot of you feel the same way, good luck everyone and maybe we will be pleasantly surprised by earlier movement.

Eck! You said it! Touro is currently my first pick because of other things (not just the school), and I am currently holding a spot in Western that I know many are looking for. They gave me this interview back in late March!!! So, they were pretty booked until then. I was also very shocked to hear that they interview all the way through June. So, I will be in limbo land until July 1. :scared:

OK, I finally received a response from Touro. They are actually going to be interviewing through July as well! :eek:

However, they told me that they are already starting to pull people off the watlists with offers between now and orientation day in August 2. So, keep your hopes up, guys! :D

gorgeousj9 said:
OK, I finally received a response from Touro. They are actually going to be interviewing through July as well! :eek:

However, they told me that they are already starting to pull people off the watlists with offers between now and orientation day in August 2. So, keep your hopes up, guys! :D

wow july?? it seems like the interviews will never end! :oops:

Thank you for sharing that updated information. Interviewing through July sounds a little crazy to me but it is good to hear that they plan to start pulling off of the waitlist. Now all I have to do is cross my fingers and continue to wait.
Thanks again! And good luck!

I called them yesterday and they told me that they hadnt started pulling anyone off yet. To the person who found out they had pulled people off the waitlist, who did you talk to?

to all you TUCOM high alternates out there, do any of you know which "tier" you're on?
thanks!

I spoke to Lynn from admissions. She didn't tell me they actually PULLED anyone off yet, but she says that they are starting today from "today until orientation".

I also received a note from Dr. haight and he says that they still have 40 more peolpe to interview with around 8 seats (maybe more because they are getting withdrawals in). They said the averages are about the same as last year's averages, give or take. That is about all I know.

wow, that is a lot of info that Dr. Haight gave you!! I'm wondering if the spots that come open from people giving up their seats are going to be up for grabs for the waitlist people or for the people still interviewing. I guess we'll all find out in time! Hopefully you'll get one of those 8 spots gorgeousj9, and then you won't have to be in waitlist hell. :) Good luck!!!

Oh wow. Thats awesome. There were very vague in answering my questions. I am place in the 1st tier on the waitlist. Goodluck to everyone and hopefully we all make it.

I am not sure what tier I am, all I know is that I was "high" waitlisted back in February. Are they willing to give out more information than that? Is it worth calling to find out more or just wait it out?

Lisa3158 said:
I am not sure what tier I am, all I know is that I was "high" waitlisted back in February. Are they willing to give out more information than that? Is it worth calling to find out more or just wait it out?

Lisa3158, from what some people are saying, you have a pretty good chance. Dr. haight told me that he is expecting more people to withdraw (although it is not 100% sure, just a guess). So, there may be more than 8 seats becoming available as it comes close to August. he said he already started getting a few withdrawals and "defers for next year" (I guess people deciding to go the next year instead of this year??). So, right now, as we stand with 8 and the ones interviewing, there is at least 20% chance to make it (possibly more by the interview time). So, the chances can only get better from there. Many people are still waitlisted with other schools until June/July. :)

gorgeousj9- lisa3158 and I have both already interviewed and are high waitlisted (it looks like as well as some others on this thread). So we won't be in that 40 people that are going to be interviewed, therefore the 20% odds does not apply to us. We've been there done that. But thanks for the info. Good luck to all!!

I was placed on the "high" waitlist last November...still no word. I've sent in more letters of rec. and written my LOI but they haven't started pulling from the waitlist yet...I don't think.

i was on the "high waitlist" for the class matriculating aug '06 but i didn't get pulled from the list and didn't get offered a seat for early acceptance either.

this time i interviewed in january and ended up getting on the waitlist again, on the medium waitlist tho. still no word yet.

good luck everyone!

lktm831 said:
i was on the "high waitlist" for the class matriculating aug '06 but i didn't get pulled from the list and didn't get offered a seat for early acceptance either.

this time i interviewed in january and ended up getting on the waitlist again, on the medium waitlist tho. still no word yet.

good luck everyone!

Don't tell me this!!! :)

And just to clarify, you were put on the high waitlist for the class starting in August 2006 (which would be this year, right?)? I just don't really understand how you could be on the high waitlist and the med waitlist this year? WHen you were on the high waitlist, do you know which tier you were on?

Thanks!

So it seems as though Touro is interviewing all the way until July, and classes begin August...that doesn't seem to leave enough time for us waitlisters (should we be lucky enough to be pulled off) to move, relocate, and begin classes! I'm just wondering when the waitlist will begin to move (during or after they finish interviewing)...since it seems so late, now that's it June and it will be July soon. I guess we'll all just have to hang in there- please post if you hear of anything!

Dr. Haight said the first waitlist update letter was mailed out yesterday, so we'll just have to wait and see

I was on the waitlist last year (high) I was pulled three weeks before class started and I was NOT the last person pulled off but I think I had been in the top ten on the list. So all I know is don't give up or lose hope!! Not until the day classes start will they stop pulling people off the list! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! :thumbup:

OK so the letter came and unfortunately it did not tell us anything we did not already know. High waitlist is now divided into two tiers :)

Is this thread about Touro - Mare Island? I'm not sure what the TUCOM abbreviation is for becuase there is one in vegas too no?

Anyway, i was just asked to come and interview there on June 27th... that is crazy late. I don't know what will happen since I am supposed to move out to COMP on july 12th.

Does anyone know about the course requirements? They require two psych classes and I've only taken one. I'm worried that i won't have time to fulfill the requirement unless I find an online course somewhere.

don't trip chocolate chip. if you have an interview, i don't think you should worry. you'll be fine with the requirements. :)

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew what the last date in July that Touro-MI was interviewing until? It doesn't seem as though anyone has been pulled off of the waitlist yet, so I'm assuming there will be fast movement after the last day of interviews.

doc22 said:
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew what the last date in July that Touro-MI was interviewing until? It doesn't seem as though anyone has been pulled off of the waitlist yet, so I'm assuming there will be fast movement after the last day of interviews.

I wish I knew buddy…so I, as well, would be more than happy to hear anyone else’s suggestions on this “timeline”!!! I don’t know how much movement there will be on the waitlist this year though, if they are STILL interviewing and if what gorgeousj9 said earlier is correct, which is that there are only 8 seats available AND 40+ peeps still interviewing. Even if they were finished interviewing mid July, and ppl where selected off the waitlist, that gives us 2 weeks to get everything in order: fin aid, books, housing, moving, ect. Which sucks. But hey, beggars can’t be choosers! :)

Wishing luck to all…and peace of mind in the mean time!

yoyo99, I sure as heck hope that what Dr. Haight told me is mostly wrong and things start moving. I am losing all my hair over here! Just one week left until the interview. Can anyone who has interviewed give me some tips (besides reading over my applicaiton again)? Like what do you NOT tell them? :scared:

Can anyone call and see if there are any changes in the waitlist and if there are more spots opening up?

gorgeousj9 said:
yoyo99, I sure as heck hope that what Dr. Haight told me is mostly wrong and things start moving. I am losing all my hair over here! Just one week left until the interview. Can anyone who has interviewed give me some tips (besides reading over my applicaiton again)? Like what do you NOT tell them? :scared:

Can anyone call and see if there are any changes in the waitlist and if there are more spots opening up?

Be relaxed and just be yourself :) I think that i over-prepared for that interview and it made me unnecessarily nervous. Just be able to articulate succinctly anything listed on your application. I guess the only "don't" i would have is not to over-talk at the interview. You'll be able to guage the length of an appropriate answer when you have your little mock interview with dr. haight on interview day. Also, chat with your fellow interviewees, it really helps you relax and get to know your potential classmates. Oh and here is a tip: you can call ahead about a week before your interview and find out who your interviewers are. It gave me a little more confidence knowing that information before hand...also you can really prepare and have some good questions for individual interviewers in the end! GOOD LUCK!

gorgeousj9 said:

gorgeousj9, I hope you didn’t take my comment as ‘not believing you’ I TOTALLY believe that dr. h told you that…I’m just holding out on hope….hope of exactly what, I'm not real sure, just that the waitlist does some moving this year and that it happens soon. That being said, I am sure that what he told you is not mostly wrong, he has no reason to embellish. Right? You shouldn’t be worried because you have a really great shot to get one of those spots! Good luck on your interview, you’ll do awesome!

On another note, I was told by a friend who called last week that the total of all waitlist (high, med, low) is 125 ppl. CRAZY! As far as how many on which list…no one knows.

peace :)

Hey .. fellow waitlisters!!!... I am glad I found you .. I was beginning to worry I was the only one... and desperately was checking the dates for Touro when I cam across this site.... and now I have been reading this stuff for apporx 6-7 hours .. .. its good reading and all..... lol.... see ya'll ... I'll tell you if anything comes my way ....

SOOOOOO....has anyone found out when their LAST day of interviews are yet???? Anybody still interviewing for TUCOM-MI in JULY???? Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? Any news would be more than appreciated!
thanks!

b....u.....m.....p .... anybody know if this last week was the last week for interviews??

very stressful.... when I saw that someone had posted I thought they had started with the waitlist.......

According to Lynn Huckle, TUCOM-MI has already been taking people off of the waitlist!...but, i guess no one has posted! Also, no one seems to know when they interview until, but like i said, supposedly they've been already taking people off. I'm hoping someone can confirm this, because no one has gotten in off of the waitlist that's post in this thread. Good luck to everyone!

They are already done with interviews. DH said that the late interviewees will most likely not be affecting the waitlist and they have been pulling people off the waitlist. Good luck to those who are waiting for July 6! :)

doc22 said:
According to Lynn Huckle, TUCOM-MI has already been taking people off of the waitlist!...but, i guess no one has posted! Also, no one seems to know when they interview until, but like i said, supposedly they've been already taking people off. I'm hoping someone can confirm this, because no one has gotten in off of the waitlist that's post in this thread. Good luck to everyone!

Pulling people off the waitlist is great news. I’ve heard nada. Hope all goes well for everyone! :)