Tufts 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakpool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are going to Tufts this fall, have you heard anything about their housing listing, or further financial aid information yet? Are you looking for apartments around the school area? If so, when do you plan to move?

Members don't see this ad.

yakpool said:
For those who are going to Tufts this fall, have you heard anything about their housing listing, or further financial aid information yet? Are you looking for apartments around the school area? If so, when do you plan to move?

I haven't heard anything yet. I got my preliminary financial aid summary last week and am waiting on the Stafford loan paperwork... they are supposed to be sending that to us, right? (I tried to apply for a Stafford loan through my bank and they said that Tufts has a special procedure so I assumed I have to wait on some more paperwork.)

Haven't heard anything about housing yet either. Patty told me that she would be hiring a graduate assistant on May 1 to start "putting a list together", so I'd assume they're still working on that. But I haven't heard anything else. I was going to wait on housing until I knew exactly how much money I could get so I could have an idea of a budget. I've done some basic searching on craigslist but haven't really found anything I wanted yet. I'm going to try to move in a week or two before school starts so I have time to settle down before I have to be anywhere.

I think we shouldn't expect to hear about housing from them for another few weeks, but I'm not really worried because all of the current students say that they help a lot and it's really easy to find a place to live. :D so excited

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been searching apartment listings on the Worcester Telegram website (www.telegram.com). Most appear to be listings available now. Just today I started finding some for July, so its early still... I'm out of the country for the next month, and I have a terrible fear that I'll come home and it will be too late! :oops:

Miranda

Miranda said:
I've been searching apartment listings on the Worcester Telegram website (www.telegram.com). Most appear to be listings available now. Just today I started finding some for July, so its early still... I'm out of the country for the next month, and I have a terrible fear that I'll come home and it will be too late! :oops:

Miranda

I actually found a very nice apartment for a good price in Millbury. It is closer to Tufts than Worcester, a very quiet and safe little town.

It sounds that you are going to have a lot of fun next month! Good luck with your apartment searching :)

I will be 1st year dental student and need a roommate for the fall. If anyone (preferably a female) has a place to rent out, please PM me.

I found an amazing 1 bedroom apartment in a Victorian Mansion in Grafton, MA right on the town green via the Tufts Housing List. My lease (which I signed on June 4) begins July 15 and I'll be moving in July 22. Best of luck in your searches.:cool:

Azawakh said:
I found an amazing 1 bedroom apartment in a Victorian Mansion in Grafton, MA right on the town green via the Tufts Housing List. My lease (which I signed on June 4) begins July 15 and I'll be moving in July 22. Best of luck in your searches.:cool:

Ditto to that... In 1 month I'll be moving into the third floor of a condo in Hovey Pond owned by 2 non-Tufts ladies. It definitely wasn't the situation I imagined in my head, but I loved the place AND my future housemates, so I'm super excited :love: (I would've much rather had a house, but I couldn't find one I liked AND could afford :( oh well!)

Also, just FYI... I got a "bill" from the Bursar's Office today saying that my account balance is now zero, meaning my federal student loan went through. I still have to check and make sure my non-fed one is going to go through (my "living expenses" money!). So, if any of you guys are looking for it, it's either on its way or you need to give someone a call!

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to meet you all ;)

eaglemeag said:
Also, just FYI... I got a "bill" from the Bursar's Office today saying that my account balance is now zero, meaning my federal student loan went through. I still have to check and make sure my non-fed one is going to go through (my "living expenses" money!). So, if any of you guys are looking for it, it's either on its way or you need to give someone a call!

lol, I'm not going to Tufts...but my first FASA forgot to put a "1" in front the monies.....that was really scary for a while

HorseyVet said:
lol, I'm not going to Tufts...but my first FASA forgot to put a "1" in front the monies.....that was really scary for a while

:eek:

Holy cow that's scary! I'm glad that it worked out! I would've had a heart attack.

I'm still not convinced they're going to give me every penny I need, but oh well... at least now I can officially enroll, and that's all that really matters, right? :p