Tufts Adeventures in Vet Med Program

Started by GAgirl85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GAgirl85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently met with a Vet to discuss my application process and get some general advice etc. He suggested that I check out Tufts University's Adventures in Vet Med program which seems like an amazing learning experience and a great opportunity for a non traditional student (like myself) to get a real feel for what vet school will be like. I was just wondering if anyone here has attended and/or applied for this program. Thanks!
 
Yes...I did the program several years ago and enjoyed it and met some interesting people. I am also an older applicant. It was quite expensive, though, as I remember (probably even more now). Also you have to pay for a place to stay. I stayed at a nice Bed and Breakfast near the campus which was great. I do recommend Adventures in Veterinary Medicine at Tufts!
 
MSU also has a "vetward boun" program for prevets that you can apply to -- it includes a stipend to cover living expenses. It seems like a pretty cool program, just FYI if people are interested.