Tufts application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered adding their personal statement to the spot on the Tufts application for additional information? I feel like my personal statement was a strong part of my VMCAS application and I don't think the "year before vet school" essay is going to be one of my strong points!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to not be answering your question (I didn't apply to Tufts, but I'm curious). What is the "year before" essay? Was the Tufts application really involved because it was entirely separate? I'm assuming your evaluators had to fill out the Tufts recommendation forms as well as VMCAS, yes? Would you say it was any more of a headache than some of the supplementals?

Thanks for the info!

For OSJ - IMHO, it probably wouldn't hurt your application, but I don't know how much it would help. I noticed that their other essays were shorter than the VMCAS PS so unless it contains a lot of pertinent info, they may not really read it and it may not really help your app either. If they wanted a whole 600 word PS they would have asked for it. Maybe you could condense it and still get the info you wanted across to them.

For VAGirl - I thought the Tufts app was more user friendly than VMCAS. It is a bit more time consuming because they have a couple of shorter essays instead of one bigger one. Also, they have more specific requirements for the people who write letters of recommendation for you and, yes, the letter are separate. To me its completely worth it because Tufts is one of my top choices. It certainly is less time consuming than Cornell's supplemental even though they participate in VMCAS.

My own question - Did anyone else run out of room in the animal experiences section? I was thinking of putting my additional experiences in the additional info section. Does this seem reasonable?

Members don't see this ad :)
My own question - Did anyone else run out of room in the animal experiences section? I was thinking of putting my additional experiences in the additional info section. Does this seem reasonable?

Yes. They told me on the phone that they read everything carefully in the additional info section and that anything that I wanted to say on the application but couldn't get in the main part should go in that section.

On that note: Do you think things like showmanship or animal shelter volunteering should go in the additional info section?

On that note: Do you think things like showmanship or animal shelter volunteering should go in the additional info section?

i would say yes because they say that all the expirence helps and to documente it. so go ahead and put that down!:)