Tufts Baystate Dx Rads Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ConfusedMD2009

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview at Tufts Bay State in Springfield MA for Dx Rad. I was wondering the difference between the Baystate and Boston Tufts Programs. My eventual goal is to do MSK radiology so I want a residency program that will perpare me for a competitive fellowship. So far I like what I have read about Tufts Baystate but if there is anyone w/ experience at Baystate please chime in.

Thanks
 
I have an interview at Tufts Bay State in Springfield MA for Dx Rad. I was wondering the difference between the Baystate and Boston Tufts Programs. My eventual goal is to do MSK radiology so I want a residency program that will perpare me for a competitive fellowship. So far I like what I have read about Tufts Baystate but if there is anyone w/ experience at Baystate please chime in.

Thanks

Very different--essentially different hospitals and people. Tufts bay state is more suburban and about 1.5 hours away from Boston. Tufts Boston is probably more academic by reputation and is affiliated loosely w/ New England baptist hospital which is very strong w/ orthopedics, hence offers a very well known MSK fellowship. These are issues you best ask those who are interviewing you but congrats on the interview! Keep me posted.
 
Very different--essentially different hospitals and people. Tufts bay state is more suburban and about 1.5 hours away from Boston. Tufts Boston is probably more academic by reputation and is affiliated loosely w/ New England baptist hospital which is very strong w/ orthopedics, hence offers a very well known MSK fellowship. These are issues you best ask those who are interviewing you but congrats on the interview! Keep me posted.

Thanks for the reply, I really want to do MSK I defected from Ortho Surg to RADS and I cant get enough of this MSK stuff, especially spine stuff. I also applied to Tufts Boston but have not gotten a response yet I just want to go the the best program I can b/c I know MSK is competitive. I also have an interview at Dartmoth but I saw last year that 3 or 4 slots were unmatched, just a fluke I am assuming b/c I am sure it is an excellent program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Baystate is a community program loosely affiliated with Tufts. Residents do a fair amount of boring idle stuff during first year. In the end, they turn out good radiologists, most graduates go for a fellowship at a name program to polish their CV a bit.
 
Baystate is a community program loosely affiliated with Tufts. Residents do a fair amount of boring idle stuff during first year. In the end, they turn out good radiologists, most graduates go for a fellowship at a name program to polish their CV a bit.

Definitely--I personally know of someone who came from that program. Most of their graduates go on usually to brand name fellowship programs. So no worries--if you eventually want to do MSK fellowship or another fellowship, it is no problem from anywhere really.