Tuft's deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angelo84

Tufts Class of 2011
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone know what the deposit is at Tuft's to hold your spot? Is it at all refundable if you get in off a waitlist?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
Does anyone know what the deposit is at Tuft's to hold your spot? Is it at all refundable if you get in off a waitlist?

Thanks

I don't know what the deposit is, but I don't think that the deposit is refundable if you get in off of a waitlist. When you think about it, someone else's wait list has absolutely nothing to do with them.

unless something really crazy happens (like major catastrophe in your family that will force you to not enroll...but even that may not qualify you) you will NEVER get a deposit back. from anywhere. The deposit ensures that you will attend that school and not change your mind. So if you do change your mind, they take your money and it sucks to be you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about other schools but Ohio does refund most of your deposit. You give them 300 (out of state) and they will give back all but $25 at least that is how I understand their policy.

I don't know about other schools but Ohio does refund most of your deposit. You give them 300 (out of state) and they will give back all but $25 at least that is how I understand their policy.

i didn't apply to ohio so i know nothing about the school, but that is very much the exception to the rule. the purpose of a deposit is to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

Wait, did you already get your decision???

No I have not heard from Tuft's I am on the waitlist for Cornell ( my first choice) and am trying to figure out where the other schools I interviewed at stand in my head--assuming I get into them.

According to the Vet Med Coll Admissions Requirement book for this year, the Tufts deposit to hold your place in the class is $500. No other info is given.