Tufts interview packet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

persenmi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you with a Tufts interview receive an interview packet in the mail after setting up the interview? In the "Interview Feedback" area people spoke of a "Blue Book" they got from Tufts that they studied before the interview? At any rate, I have an interview fast approaching and have not received anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I just had my interview there this weekend. When is your interview? I think I got the packet about 2 weeks before mine... I would call and ask if they sent you one/if they can send another if they say it was a while ago. You don't really have to "study," but they go through the packet on the interview day, so it's good to have some questions in mind. You will want to get those materials though, because there's also a short supplemental sheet about courses you plan to take and stuff.

This was by far my most laid-back interview, they were really nice!

I was some what grilled, but in a nice way. I wouldn't say you have to study the book. The book is like 200 pages lol filled with so many numbers, I thought it was over kill. Just find some reasons why you want to go to Tufts and they asked me basic interview questions. Overall it was chill.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. Thanks for the replies :thumbup:. My interview is about 2 1/2 weeks away so I will wait a little longer before I call.

When I applied to dental school in 2008, Tufts had BY FAR the best "data book" out of any school I interviewed at (interviewed at 11 schools). You should not study the book. What you should do is glance over the way didactics and clinic schedules are done as well as various graduation requirements etc.

The rest is just for you personal information. Everyone wants to know board scores and NERB pass rates etc. I think the book is really great b/c it probably answers a lot of questions that you'll probably want to ask anyway.

When I applied to dental school in 2008, Tufts had BY FAR the best "data book" out of any school I interviewed at (interviewed at 11 schools). You should not study the book. What you should do is glance over the way didactics and clinic schedules are done as well as various graduation requirements etc.

The rest is just for you personal information. Everyone wants to know board scores and NERB pass rates etc. I think the book is really great b/c it probably answers a lot of questions that you'll probably want to ask anyway.
Hey there,
So you had 11 interviews back in the day and choose Tufts huh? Can you tell me a little bit about your decision making? I'm from Chicago and have an interview at Tufts on Dec 1st, 2011. I'm just wondering about the pros/cons you saw before and how they compare to your actual experiences there. You would be a junior now, so I'd really like to hear what you have to say about Tufts dental. Thanks for your help
-Zack

I just had my interview there this weekend. When is your interview? I think I got the packet about 2 weeks before mine... I would call and ask if they sent you one/if they can send another if they say it was a while ago. You don't really have to "study," but they go through the packet on the interview day, so it's good to have some questions in mind. You will want to get those materials though, because there's also a short supplemental sheet about courses you plan to take and stuff.

This was by far my most laid-back interview, they were really nice!

I was at Tufts this week for the first day of interviews and for us they didn't send out the packet. They just gave it to us on the interview day and went through it with us. They said that they usually send it out but didn't get around to it this time. They didn't mention if they would send it out for later interviewees

My interview at Tufts is 11/14. I got the packet exactly two weeks prior to that date.

Got mine like a week before my interviews 11/9 - i think they just recently sent out the first batch of booklets and thats why they skipped over the first day of interviewers

That book is not required reading so don't panic if you don't get it before your interview. It's all FYI. It's nice to get to look over it so if you have any questions, you can ask them during the interview. Otherwise, don't sweat it. It's a laid back interview.