Tufts Interviews -- any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a pre-dent myself but my perfect girlfriend just received notice today that she has been invited to interview at Tufts :D Now she is both thrilled and very nervous. As an out-of-stater the numbers are against her but I was hoping someone knew a little bit more about the application process at Tufts -- particularly any past experiences or advice that would help get her past the interviews and hopefully a spot in this year's class!

Thanks a bunch.

Mack

Members don't see this ad.

Mackchops said:
Hey all,

I'm a pre-dent myself but my perfect girlfriend just received notice today that she has been invited to interview at Tufts :D Now she is both thrilled and very nervous. As an out-of-stater the numbers are against her but I was hoping someone knew a little bit more about the application process at Tufts -- particularly any past experiences or advice that would help get her past the interviews and hopefully a spot in this year's class!

Thanks a bunch.

Mack

i'm not sure if tufts interviewers read the applications before hand or if they're going in only knowing the name of the applicant. either way, i'd read over my application again.

I did the Tufts pre-vet summer program. They told me that you can call in advance of your interview and ask for the names of your interviewers. They recommended looking up information on those docs so you can be prepared. I have an interview at the end of the month. If she's interviewing before then, PLEASE ask her to post some information about her interview.

-Nychilla

Members don't see this ad :)
nychilla said:
I did the Tufts pre-vet summer program. They told me that you can call in advance of your interview and ask for the names of your interviewers. They recommended looking up information on those docs so you can be prepared. I have an interview at the end of the month. If she's interviewing before then, PLEASE ask her to post some information about her interview.

-Nychilla

Actually, her interview is on March 2nd. I'll let you know how things go but I'd really appreciate it if you could post some info about your interview. BTW, her stats are spectacular except for her GRE score. Is Tufts a strict testing school or will they let poor scores slide if the rest of an application is stellar? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks a bunch,
Mack

Mackchops said:
Actually, her interview is on March 2nd. I'll let you know how things go but I'd really appreciate it if you could post some info about your interview. BTW, her stats are spectacular except for her GRE score. Is Tufts a strict testing school or will they let poor scores slide if the rest of an application is stellar? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks a bunch,
Mack

Hi - - i am new to this webcite - - I am applying to vet school and have my tufts interview on february 23 - -its the first day of interviews there, so i will let you all know how it goes. my sense is that tufts will look at things other than test scores if they really stand out in a good way. let me know if you hear anything about what to expect -- thanks, Julia

Hey Mackchops,

My sense from Tufts is that they're looking at the complete package, not just a list of grades and scores. My undergrad grades were pretty poor, but my Masters and post-bacc grades were very good - I wasn't sure what they'd think. The admissions counselor told me that a good GRE score can help make up for some poor grades, but that's all she said given my particular situation.

Will certainly post some sample questions from my interview on the 28th.

nychilla - not that I can speak specifically for Tufts, but most schools will look at your most recent grades as representative of what you can do. So if your master's and post-bac are good (and you took more than one class at a time), then you don't have to worry about your undergrad being less than stellar.

CoffeeCrazy said:
nychilla - not that I can speak specifically for Tufts, but most schools will look at your most recent grades as representative of what you can do. So if your master's and post-bac are good (and you took more than one class at a time), then you don't have to worry about your undergrad being less than stellar.

ok folks! I had a fabulous interview at Tufts! They were so welcoming and down to earth - - the interview was a real conversation - not just a q & a session. most of the other interviewees with whom i spoke had the same impression. Its a well planned day, with tours and food and financial aid meetings and you will feel very welcomed there!!!

Mackchops said:

Thanks a bunch,
Mack

Hey Mack,

I decided to withdraw my app. from Tufts. Struggled over the decision 'cause I really like the school. Finances are such a huge consideration for me - just knew in the end that I wouldn't choose tufts over cornell. Sorry, won't be able to post the interview experience - but seems like other people have. Tell you girlfriend good luck!

-nychilla