• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Tufts Interviews -- any advice?

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2003
San Antonio
www.uthscsa.edu
  1. Dentist
    Hey all,

I'm a pre-dent myself but my perfect girlfriend just received notice today that she has been invited to interview at Tufts :D Now she is both thrilled and very nervous. As an out-of-stater the numbers are against her but I was hoping someone knew a little bit more about the application process at Tufts -- particularly any past experiences or advice that would help get her past the interviews and hopefully a spot in this year's class!

Thanks a bunch.

Mack

verbal_kint

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Dec 7, 2004
    ca
      Mackchops said:
      Hey all,

I'm a pre-dent myself but my perfect girlfriend just received notice today that she has been invited to interview at Tufts :D Now she is both thrilled and very nervous. As an out-of-stater the numbers are against her but I was hoping someone knew a little bit more about the application process at Tufts -- particularly any past experiences or advice that would help get her past the interviews and hopefully a spot in this year's class!

Thanks a bunch.

Mack

i'm not sure if tufts interviewers read the applications before hand or if they're going in only knowing the name of the applicant. either way, i'd read over my application again.

nychilla

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Feb 4, 2005
      The Big Apple
        I did the Tufts pre-vet summer program. They told me that you can call in advance of your interview and ask for the names of your interviewers. They recommended looking up information on those docs so you can be prepared. I have an interview at the end of the month. If she's interviewing before then, PLEASE ask her to post some information about her interview.

-Nychilla

About the Ads

Mackchops

Toothy grin
        15+ Year Member
        Dec 9, 2003
        San Antonio
        www.uthscsa.edu
        1. Dentist
          nychilla said:
          I did the Tufts pre-vet summer program. They told me that you can call in advance of your interview and ask for the names of your interviewers. They recommended looking up information on those docs so you can be prepared. I have an interview at the end of the month. If she's interviewing before then, PLEASE ask her to post some information about her interview.

-Nychilla

Actually, her interview is on March 2nd. I'll let you know how things go but I'd really appreciate it if you could post some info about your interview. BTW, her stats are spectacular except for her GRE score. Is Tufts a strict testing school or will they let poor scores slide if the rest of an application is stellar? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks a bunch,
          Mack

Julia22

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Feb 8, 2005
            Mackchops said:
            Actually, her interview is on March 2nd. I'll let you know how things go but I'd really appreciate it if you could post some info about your interview. BTW, her stats are spectacular except for her GRE score. Is Tufts a strict testing school or will they let poor scores slide if the rest of an application is stellar? I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks a bunch,
            Mack

Hi - - i am new to this webcite - - I am applying to vet school and have my tufts interview on february 23 - -its the first day of interviews there, so i will let you all know how it goes. my sense is that tufts will look at things other than test scores if they really stand out in a good way. let me know if you hear anything about what to expect -- thanks, Julia

nychilla

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Feb 4, 2005
            The Big Apple
              Hey Mackchops,

My sense from Tufts is that they're looking at the complete package, not just a list of grades and scores. My undergrad grades were pretty poor, but my Masters and post-bacc grades were very good - I wasn't sure what they'd think. The admissions counselor told me that a good GRE score can help make up for some poor grades, but that's all she said given my particular situation.

Will certainly post some sample questions from my interview on the 28th.

CoffeeCrazy

Wide awake and jittery
              10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Apr 27, 2004
              Champaign, IL
                nychilla - not that I can speak specifically for Tufts, but most schools will look at your most recent grades as representative of what you can do. So if your master's and post-bac are good (and you took more than one class at a time), then you don't have to worry about your undergrad being less than stellar.

Julia22

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Feb 8, 2005
                  CoffeeCrazy said:
                  nychilla - not that I can speak specifically for Tufts, but most schools will look at your most recent grades as representative of what you can do. So if your master's and post-bac are good (and you took more than one class at a time), then you don't have to worry about your undergrad being less than stellar.

ok folks! I had a fabulous interview at Tufts! They were so welcoming and down to earth - - the interview was a real conversation - not just a q & a session. most of the other interviewees with whom i spoke had the same impression. Its a well planned day, with tours and food and financial aid meetings and you will feel very welcomed there!!!

nychilla

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Feb 4, 2005
                  The Big Apple
                    Mackchops said:

Thanks a bunch,
                    Mack

Hey Mack,

I decided to withdraw my app. from Tufts. Struggled over the decision 'cause I really like the school. Finances are such a huge consideration for me - just knew in the end that I wouldn't choose tufts over cornell. Sorry, won't be able to post the interview experience - but seems like other people have. Tell you girlfriend good luck!

-nychilla

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.