Tufts--Loan decision

Started by yakpool
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yakpool

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I don't have any previous experience on loans, so I would like to ask those who are going to Tufts this fall:

Should I choose Tufts as my Stafford Lender since it sounds like a good deal: no fees and reduction of interest after you pay some loans on time?

Is signing the Title IV Aid Authorization Statement a good idea?

Thanks!!
 
yakpool said:
Hi,

I don't have any previous experience on loans, so I would like to ask those who are going to Tufts this fall:

Should I choose Tufts as my Stafford Lender since it sounds like a good deal: no fees and reduction of interest after you pay some loans on time?

Is signing the Title IV Aid Authorization Statement a good idea?

Thanks!!

I went with Tufts as the Stafford Lender... from what I could tell by looking at the comparison charts, all the lenders were pretty much the same, with the exception of the no-fees part. And when you're taking out $39k in loans, that's a pretty substantial fee!

As for the Title IV thing... I honestly don't know. I don't think it really matters, though... all of those fees they mentioned, they have to get paid eventually one way or another, it's just a matter of what funding source they come from (your loans vs. your checkbook). I signed yes to it, but ... eh... I don't think it matters.
 
eaglemeag said:
I went with Tufts as the Stafford Lender... from what I could tell by looking at the comparison charts, all the lenders were pretty much the same, with the exception of the no-fees part. And when you're taking out $39k in loans, that's a pretty substantial fee!

As for the Title IV thing... I honestly don't know. I don't think it really matters, though... all of those fees they mentioned, they have to get paid eventually one way or another, it's just a matter of what funding source they come from (your loans vs. your checkbook). I signed yes to it, but ... eh... I don't think it matters.

Thanks Eaglemeag! I think I will do the same thing!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also chose tufts as my lender, it seemed like the best option. and I checked yes to the title IV thing...worst case, you get a parking ticket and dont have to worry about writing a check for it lol, who knows.

see you in august!

Bari
 
yakpool said:
Hi,

I don't have any previous experience on loans, so I would like to ask those who are going to Tufts this fall:

Should I choose Tufts as my Stafford Lender since it sounds like a good deal: no fees and reduction of interest after you pay some loans on time?

Is signing the Title IV Aid Authorization Statement a good idea?

Thanks!!
You'll have to pay those fees from your extra cash that they refund to you from your loan- you're better off just authorizing them to take the money and not having to worry about getting those bills paid. I'm checking "yes."