Tufts- LOR from dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Konfetka

Sveta
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already had a dentist write me a recommendation for my school's committee letter, but he didn't indicate the hours a shadowed him for. Today I saw on the Tufts website that requires a lor from a dentist indicating how long you shadowed him for. So should I just ask the dentist I shadowed to send Tufts the same letter he wrote for my school, just add in the number of hours I shadowed him for?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Konfetka said:
I already had a dentist write me a recommendation for my school's committee letter, but he didn't indicate the hours a shadowed him for. Today I saw on the Tufts website that requires a lor from a dentist indicating how long you shadowed him for. So should I just ask the dentist I shadowed to send Tufts the same letter he wrote for my school, just add in the number of hours I shadowed him for?

Yea... sure if that's what they require.......

It doesn't matter. I had the same situation last year and they said it was not necessary to get him to rewrite the letter

Same here- it's great if they verify your 4,000 hours but not necessary. However, I didn't apply to Tufts. You may want to contact admissions if you just cannot sleep without an answer straight from the school.