Tufts - "Offer Made"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bronco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I recently had my interview at Tufts. Now that I check AADSAS it says, "offer made" is it what i think it means??? :oops:

I just want to tell the people who still haven't been accepted to hold on tight. Alot of my friends were even interview last year around March and got into schools. So don't stress, hopefully your chance will come. Just make sure you nail the interview. And do lots of practice interviews with people you don't know really well. Goodluck to everybody. :)

Members don't see this ad.

YES. Congrats.

Bronco said:
Now that I check AADSAS it says, "offer made" is it what i think it means??? :oops:

Lucky bastid....j/k :D Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the acceptance letter also....so damn excited :D

DUBS said:
just got the acceptance letter also....so damn excited :D
Wow that's great! Good for you guys :)

Congrats!! Now go get liquored up.

Bronco said:
Hey all. I recently had my interview at Tufts. Now that I check AADSAS it says, "offer made" is it what i think it means??? :oops:

I just want to tell the people who still haven't been accepted to hold on tight. Alot of my friends were even interview last year around March and got into schools. So don't stress, hopefully your chance will come. Just make sure you nail the interview. And do lots of practice interviews with people you don't know really well. Goodluck to everybody. :)

congrats man...do you mind sharing what ur stats were?

Hi,

That's so great! Tufts is a great school with an awesome facility. I'm sure you guys will no longer be loggin onto this forum after this! just a few quick questions.
1.) When did you apply?
2.) What are your stats?
3.) Did Tufts emailed you before they sent out the interview letter?
4.) Did Tufts utilize the AADSAS before they accepted you.

See, I'm really interested in going there but I've been waiting and waiting forever to hear something from them. I've tried calling but was scared off by the disclaimer that they don't give any status over the phone. I still have some hope but it is dwindling as each day goes by. Any advice for future Tufts wannabes?

Also, big congrats on you guys' good news!

martinelli said:
Hi,

That's so great! Tufts is a great school with an awesome facility. I'm sure you guys will no longer be loggin onto this forum after this! just a few quick questions.
1.) When did you apply?
2.) What are your stats?
3.) Did Tufts emailed you before they sent out the interview letter?
4.) Did Tufts utilize the AADSAS before they accepted you.

See, I'm really interested in going there but I've been waiting and waiting forever to hear something from them. I've tried calling but was scared off by the disclaimer that they don't give any status over the phone. I still have some hope but it is dwindling as each day goes by. Any advice for future Tufts wannabes?

Also, big congrats on you guys' good news!

1. I applied early june and my app was sent out mid-july.
2. GPA: 3.3 Sci: 3.2
DAT: 20/21/17
3. Yes, Tufts emailed me of my interview invite b4 getting the letter.
4. I got my acceptance letter and update on AADSAS on the same day.

I interviewed there in mid-Jan...and at that time they said they had received the most applications in the history of their school...it was over 3300. It was up 50% from last year. I don't know what this means in terms of how many they have accepted so far...but considering they have a relatively large class size ~150, I think there is still good chance to be accepted there. Good luck.

Thanks everybody! The thing about Tufts is that they accept 60% of the interviewies. My stats aren't special. 18/18/19 (AA/TS/PA) with a 3.34 and a 3.5 science.

felicitations......have fun in boston, just make sure you dont pick up the bostonian accept, cus it's very unpleasant to the ear..

Congrats. I'm sure I'll see you around in beantown.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! I hope to see some of you at Tufts next year.

Utes

i was at the interview there today and heard some encouraging news: 80% of those interviewed are accepted.
:thumbup:

howui3 said:
i was at the interview there today and heard some encouraging news: 80% of those interviewed are accepted.
:thumbup:

I applied to Tufts, but I have not heard from them. I read on their website that they don't accept any classes taken at Community College :(

NA4242 said:
I applied to Tufts, but I have not heard from them. I read on their website that they don't accept any classes taken at Community College :(

hey is that true? where on the website does it say that? i must have completely passed over it!!! i took one semester of bio at CC so i could study abroad, and it transferred completely at the claremont colleges. hmm lame. i guess that's one off the list.

jillmatic said:
hey is that true? where on the website does it say that? i must have completely passed over it!!! i took one semester of bio at CC so i could study abroad, and it transferred completely at the claremont colleges. hmm lame. i guess that's one off the list.

maybe if you took another biology type course, it could replace the one you took at CC. i have an interview at tufts (i took bio 1 at CC as well). hopefully they won't make me retake it :D

Bronco said:

You're IN! Congrats!! :D

When was your interview?

jillmatic said:

Check this website:
http://www.tufts.edu/dental/student_admissions/dmd.html

Look under Academic requirements (the last three lines)

NA4242 said:
Check this website:

wow. that sucks, but thanks for the link...the way they worded that, it seems like it's a pretty cut and dry policy, but it would be nice if they gave us a little smudgeroom.

has anyone gotten around the no CC credit rule for tufts?

I don't know what to tell you. I took most of my pre-req at CC, except for O chem. I think it is unfair policy, but there is nothing we could do. I am not sure why CC are considered to be "easy". After all, we used the same books, and most of the professors had PhD's. Oh well, let's just hope for the best.

jillmatic said:
wow. that sucks, but thanks for the link...the way they worded that, it seems like it's a pretty cut and dry policy, but it would be nice if they gave us a little smudgeroom.

has anyone gotten around the no CC credit rule for tufts?

Tufts really doesn't like CC credits. HOWEVER, lets say you took CHM 1 at CC and then you took CHM 2 at a University they will take the CC credits. As long as you take a higher course of the same type at a University. That was my understanding that Adam gave me.

Oh and someone asked before. Tufts updates their AADSAS every Thursday. But I found out about the interview first by email.

NA4242 said:

Wow that really sucks, thats 100+ $ wasted and less chance of getting into dental school. I took my Bio and Chem courses at CC, but took Ochem and all my other upper level science courses at a university. I don't think going to a university means that you will learn more. I knew more chem than many my friends who had taken chemistry in a university. This is a shame.

80% acceptance post interview? thats awesome im interviewing there in like 10 days or so

How long after your interview did you hear back from Tufts, or noticed the AADSAS update?

p.s. my 500th post. :)

I took some classes that didn't matter, at a CC school (Economics and Literature)... They only question u if u try to tack a science somewhere else, right?

NA4242 said:
Check this website:

i didnt take general chemistryI and university physics I in my university because i got AP credits (i got 5s on both) thats probably not going to work either! anybody knows anything about what dental schools do with AP credits?

sunnyside77 said:
i didnt take general chemistryI and university physics I in my university because i got AP credits (i got 5s on both) thats probably not going to work either! anybody knows anything about what dental schools do with AP credits?

oh...not sure about that one...best thing to do is call the school and ask.

Tufts: Offer Declined.
Coz I didn't send in deposit. It sucks that they declined me because of money... :(