tufts or cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grizz*11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend is having trouble with her decision...

your thoughts?

which is higher ranked? better job placement? which produces the best vets?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I too had to face the same decision. I am sure she had to have made her decision already? I did my undergrad at cornell, the area is absolutely beautiful, and there is tons to do, even in the bitter cold of winter. Tufts was amazing, I loved it there. Cornell gave me more money, and I had friends here already, there is an actual college town...so the "city" is very young... these are several reasons why I chose Cornell. The people (students and profs alike are wonderful at both schools) Cornell is ranked higher over Tufts (at least in the USA world report, but the dean of my school declared that this survey means nothing as what they base ranking on really isn't clear), and I think we (cornell) has a higher passing rate on boards. As far as which produces better vets, I have never met a vet from tufts, except for the veterinarians that teach at the school, so I wouldn't be able to judge. The veterinarians at Cornell are very well trained, from the get go we are learning how to deal with people and are being put into clinical situations and experiences. I have witnessed a graduate in a clinic right after graduating, she was extremely confident and dealt with clients very well. I'm sure your girlfriend will be happy, wherever she chooses to go.

Amy

Grizz*11 said:
My girlfriend is having trouble with her decision...

your thoughts?

which is higher ranked? better job placement? which produces the best vets?