Tufts?? Penn??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sthinm

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy new year to everyone in this forum!You guys are really helpful for my application during the past year.
I am also in delimma and want to listen to you. Here's my situation:
I got acceptance letters from Penn, Tufts and BU (Advanced standing Program). I had already paid $4,000 deposit to Tufts one week before accepted by Penn. If I hadn't got the letter from Penn, I wouldn't have hesitated to go to Tufts. But now... How can I make the decision? I only have one or two days to change my mind. What am I going to do:confused:
Help! Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

why did you pay $4000? the deposit to tufts is only $1500. also, at tufts you can get a lot of the deposit back if you decide not to go there. so my advice is to put a deposit on upenn and visit both schools again. upenn and tufts rank among the highest in tuition for dental schools. $1500 really means nothing when your tuition can range between $38 and 40K (tufts and upenn). take your time, since that deposit is already in, you have until may to decide. both schools are good, you cant go wrong.

Thanks, Jtremend and Desi.
Have no idea why I was asked to pay so much, but that's the truth. I will be in dental school for only 2 years because I am forgein trained dentist. So the total tuition is about 15k. If I choose to go Penn, I have to pay another $6000 by Jan 27 and I only can get 500 back if i withdraw Tufts. Money is the big issue to me. But I will make decision very soon and let you guys know.