Tufts Program

Started by psych.MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psych.MD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone.

Is chinatown a decent area of Boston?

Would it be possible to live in walking distance of the hospital at Tufts in a safe place. What is average rent for a nice 1 Bedroom in this area?

Any advice on the program would be greatly appreciated. I have not interviewed there yet.

Thanks
 
i was just there for an IV at St. E's which i think has some ties to Tufts. I barely ventured into the Chinatown in Boston but from what I saw it looked better (yet smaller) thand NYC's chinatown. my guess is that it will be mucho dinero to live in that part but u r near the subway station. i got off at park st. station and walked to chinatown but i think there is a chinatown station. i walked around there around 10ish and i felt fairly safe. i heard boston is fairly safe. i like boston overall. in chinatown check out this malaysian restaurant called penang's. good food.
 
Hey everyone.

Is chinatown a decent area of Boston?

Would it be possible to live in walking distance of the hospital at Tufts in a safe place. What is average rent for a nice 1 Bedroom in this area?

Any advice on the program would be greatly appreciated. I have not interviewed there yet.

Thanks

Hey there: I'm a first year at TUSM. It's definitley possible to get an apartment within walking distance of Tufts, however, it may cost you. The Metropolitan (where a few of the students live) costs over a thousand per month and I think that is if you have a roomate.

Chinatown is pretty safe; Boston is like any large city-- you kind of have to use common sense. The transportation system in Boston is very easy to use and convenient; so living outside of Chinatown may not be as bad as you think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the responses.

Is anyone out there currently a resident in the psych program and if so would you still rank the progam high?
 
I was just slumming around on this site to see if Tufts was on here- didn't see much feedback on it when I was a med student. But yes, I'm a current resident and am very satisfied. I would definitely still rank it highly. If you have any question, you can PM me.