Tufts secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the Tufts secondary, they ask you to upload a photo and make sure it is in a small file size. I just scanned in a wallet size photo of my senior portrait, but when I see the preview of it on the website, it makes my head look huge! As in bigger than the entire screen huge. If it wasn't photoshopped, you would probably be able to see every flaw in my skin, every stray hair in my eyebrows. Seems a little too big I would think.

When I check the properties of the photo, it says it's 226 kb. Is this big? :confused: Is there a way to make it a smaller file size? Does anyone want to help this majorly technologically inept girl? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

try just opening up paint, use the little select tool on the top right. select what u want, then u can drag the edge of ur picture and resize it to what u want. if u do it too many times it'll distort the pic. if it happens just open the file again without saving ur changes. when you got the size u want, control x (cut). open a new file, click the blank page, control v (paste). now go to image->attributes and then change the width and height to fit your pic. save as jpg. and you're done!

musiclink213 said:
On the Tufts secondary, they ask you to upload a photo and make sure it is in a small file size. I just scanned in a wallet size photo of my senior portrait, but when I see the preview of it on the website, it makes my head look huge! As in bigger than the entire screen huge. If it wasn't photoshopped, you would probably be able to see every flaw in my skin, every stray hair in my eyebrows. Seems a little too big I would think.

When I check the properties of the photo, it says it's 226 kb. Is this big? :confused: Is there a way to make it a smaller file size? Does anyone want to help this majorly technologically inept girl? :thumbup:

Yea send me your pic ill fix it. You better me hot.....JK....no really I am ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Make it about 150X150 pixels...

Use photoshop. If you need help I can do it for you. And yes... 226k is too big. It should be below 25k.

My writings got chopped off at about 500 characters (including spaces) for the second question. I saved successfully and it showed me the full text after the save. But when I did a preview, it got chopped off. My picture size is 26KB, which I don't think is the cause. How long is everyone else's answer to the second question?

powerbooki said:
My writings got chopped off at about 500 characters (including spaces) for the second question. I saved successfully and it showed me the full text after the save. But when I did a preview, it got chopped off. My picture size is 26KB, which I don't think is the cause. How long is everyone else's answer to the second question?
same thing with my 2nd essay, i ended up having to make it fit into that then...

If the limit is 500...you should probably get your essay down to 500 just in case. You don't want something like to cut off the end of your essay.

MS Paint is so hard to use. Try to use Photoshop if you can. If you can't manage it yourself, find a friend that can help you. If they have exact dimensions for the picture, then get it cropped/resized to those dimensions. It'll look much better than if you let their programs do the resizing.

If you find someone skilled enough, they could probably touch up the photo using Photoshop too.

I actually got the photo resized, thanks guys! Paint didn't work for me though :( It kept cutting off the picture instead of resizing it. I used Photoshop, and I think it's around 26KB now, so I guess that's small enough?

I don't have to do any touchups on the photo (cause I'm already perfect :thumbup: )

Actually, my photo was already photoshopped. When we ordered the photos, we just ordered one from the picture people, and then took them to our friend who owns a photo place, and he did all the photoshopping already. He was able to get rid of stray hair, even out the skin tone, all this really crazy stuff.