Tufts Update

Started by au5233
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

au5233

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey Guys,

I just logged into my AADSAS account (1:08 am Sat) and noticed Tufts updated my status to "Received/Under Review". They had my application early aug and DAT scores oct 3rd. Do you think they are just finally getting to my application now? I went on to predents and saw they seem to have a lot of november interviews already booked throughout the whole month, so maybe my application is being considered for the next round of interviews/rejections. Has anyone else seen any updates from Tufts lately?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still status-less @ Tufts. I was in the first AADSAS mailing.

Did a dentist you shadowed submit a letter on your behalf verifying the requisite shadowing hours ? A friend of mine applied last year, neglected to do this, and his app was never complete.
 
Did a dentist you shadowed submit a letter on your behalf verifying the requisite shadowing hours ? A friend of mine applied last year, neglected to do this, and his app was never complete.

as far i knew, they never asked for any dentist to verify your hours. one of my LORs was from a dentist. is what you are talking about, part of the secondary, or should have been mailed out separately ourselves?
 
as far i knew, they never asked for any dentist to verify your hours. one of my LORs was from a dentist. is what you are talking about, part of the secondary, or should have been mailed out separately ourselves?

I had a dentist submit a letter as part of my committee letter. Because I had no idea which part of the letter would be incorporated, I also asked the dentist I'm shadowing to send in another copy on the office's official letterhead. The 30 hour requirement was on their website, so I assumed that they wanted something explicitly stating the 30 hours or more were completed. Maybe I interpreted it incorrectly.

Here's the part specific to that on their website.

------

Please submit the following information to AADSAS:

A letter from a dentist providing proof of at least 30 hours shadowing experience