Tufts vs BU vs Thomas Jefferson vs Temple

Started by eutychus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eutychus

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I have interviews for Tufts, Boston University, Thomas Jefferson, and Temple and I am thinking about cancelling at least one of them. I was wondering what people's thoughts are on these programs. Of these 4, is there one that I should clearly keep or cancel? I'm interested in the quality of training and which fellowships residents match to. Thanks!
 
I interview at TJU and was very impressed with the program--clearly a strong clinical training, with an impressive curriculum. For example, they even have an inpatient headache center built into your first year. The residents score very good fellowships, and many choose to stay at TJU b/c of convenience and strong reputation. I'm definitely gonna rank them, so I'd check them out, my 2 cents.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm a pgy2 at Tufts Neuro right now and absolutely love the program. Our chairman is Dr. Ropper (ie the guy who writes Adam's & Victor Princples of Neuro)... its a phenomenal clinical program and definately one of the best in the new england area...

ofcourse, i'm a little biased ;-)

vish~
 
Hi,
I have interviews for Tufts, Boston University, Thomas Jefferson, and Temple and I am thinking about cancelling at least one of them. I was wondering what people's thoughts are on these programs. Of these 4, is there one that I should clearly keep or cancel? I'm interested in the quality of training and which fellowships residents match to. Thanks!

Considering Tufts and BU are right next to one another... I don't see why you wouldn't interview at both to begin with. I believe BUMC has a larger volume of patients.