tufts vs BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uknowyuno

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Tufts if you are interested in retina.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely agree with this. Tufts is on the upper end of programs in retina. One of my best friends recently finished retina fellowship at Tufts and had a great experience/training.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts if you are interested in retina.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Definitely agree with this. Tufts is on the upper end of programs in retina. One of my best friends recently finished retina fellowship at Tufts and had a great experience/training.

What do you guys think about general residency? I am an MS4 so I guess fellowships are a little ways off

What do you guys think about general residency? I am an MS4 so I guess fellowships are a little ways off

Disclaimer that I don't have first hand experience other than interviewing at these places for residency. With that said:
-Tufts is the more prestigious of the two places. Lots of very well known people there, and is very prestigious. It's affiliated with the New England Eye Center, which is a big private practice in the area. Medical training is great, and if you want to do fellowship, the attendings there will open the gates wide open for you if you do a good job. However, I'm not sure about their surgical training - I would suspect average at best; patients there are expecting their attendings to do all of the surgery, which may be difficult for residents to get surgical experience.
-Boston U serves a more indigent population. The attendings are not as well known but you may have more autonomy and surgical experience. The residents I've known to graduate from here seem to get god surgical experience.

Disclaimer that I don't have first hand experience other than interviewing at these places for residency. With that said:
-Tufts is the more prestigious of the two places. Lots of very well known people there, and is very prestigious. It's affiliated with the New England Eye Center, which is a big private practice in the area. Medical training is great, and if you want to do fellowship, the attendings there will open the gates wide open for you if you do a good job. However, I'm not sure about their surgical training - I would suspect average at best; patients there are expecting their attendings to do all of the surgery, which may be difficult for residents to get surgical experience.
-Boston U serves a more indigent population. The attendings are not as well known but you may have more autonomy and surgical experience. The residents I've known to graduate from here seem to get god surgical experience.
Thanks for the input! This is very helpful.