Tufts vs. UMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spg123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got acceptance to both. Anyone who are/were in similar situation and don't know which to choose? What are the positives and negatives for each school in your opinion? I liked UMD's new facilities but then Tufts is also adding 5 floors... Both school's curricula look good. Boston weather sucks compared to Baltimore but Boston has more life. Faculty seem great at both schools. Anyone know any more pros and cons that might break the balance? Also, what's the difference between a DDS (UMD) degree and a DMD(Tufts) degree? Does one have more value/prestige than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

Got acceptance to both. Anyone who are/were in similar situation and don't know which to choose? What are the positives and negatives for each school in your opinion? I liked UMD's new facilities but then Tufts is also adding 5 floors... Both school's curricula look good. Boston weather sucks compared to Baltimore but Boston has more life. Faculty seem great at both schools. Anyone know any more pros and cons that might break the balance? Also, what's the difference between a DDS (UMD) degree and a DMD(Tufts) degree? Does one have more value/prestige than the other?

Congrats on your acceptance!!!
There is no difference between DDS and DMD. They are both identical degrees.

Trust your instincts. You can't make a wrong decision with those two schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been accepted to Tufts and will be interviewing at UMD Feb. 4 ... ill be able to let you know what I think after that