Tufts vs. UTK - any advice...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

friendofdogs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody accepted at both Tufts and Univ. of Tennessee?

I had just sent in my acceptance to UTK and right afterwards, found out I got off the wait list at Tufts! I am interested in mixed animal clinical practice as well as international medicine. I am concerned about the size of North Grafton combined with the weather... and everyone seemed SO incredibly nice in Knoxville... but I wonder if Tufts may be a better program overall?

What drew you to one school or the other - costs? curriculum? the town? research opportunities? attitude of students/faculty/staff? Any constructive advice is welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

I also got off the waitlist at Tufts but I am concerned with the equine/large animal programs. Any input? I sent in my deposit to UPenn and it is very tempting to still go to UPenn. I like everything at Tufts OTHER than the equine aspect. UPenn is so strong in that regard. I don't know what to do! :confused:

I can't really answer any specific questions about our equine program, b/c that's not my focus. But I did want to say that if you have questions or concerns about the program, the best place to get those answered may be the school itself. Feel free to contact the admissions folks and ask that they put you in touch with faculty members who could help answer your questions. Everyone here is really quite accommodating and willing to help in your decision.

Good luck!

I also got off the waitlist at Tufts but I am concerned with the equine/large animal programs. Any input? I sent in my deposit to UPenn and it is very tempting to still go to UPenn. I like everything at Tufts OTHER than the equine aspect. UPenn is so strong in that regard. I don't know what to do! :confused: