Tufts Wait List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecock83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today is the last day to put a deposit down for the wait list. Anyone know how the rest of this process goes (is some spots are immediately available or its an all summer process)?

Members don't see this ad.

According to the letter I received I still have more time to put the deposit down for the waitlist. Your final date may depend on when you interviewed/when the committee made a decision on your app.

But, I am still interested if anyone has any more info on what happens from here on....

Also, if you went on a Tufts waitlist interview, how many deposits did they tell you that they had already?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was at the waitlist interview (Feb 28th)...they wouldn't give us a figure for the amount of deposits they have down, but at my interview they said they had given out 270 *acceptances* for 160-170 spots. I got waitlisted, but didn't bother putting down the ~$1500 they want for holding a waitlist spot.

Best wishes to you both, hope it works out in the end.
Indy

Good addition of info... anyone else?

IndDent said:
I was at the waitlist interview (Feb 28th)...they wouldn't give us a figure for the amount of deposits they have down, but at my interview they said they had given out 270 *acceptances* for 160-170 spots. I got waitlisted, but didn't bother putting down the ~$1500 they want for holding a waitlist spot.

Best wishes to you both, hope it works out in the end.
Indy

~$1500? I thought it was $750.

Sackof is right, the deposit date depends on when you interviewed. Mine isn't due this week. I interviewed in early mar. At the time of my interview they said that they had 155 deposits for 150 seats. They didn't tell us how many wait list deposits they had at the time. During my interview they told me that it was for waitlist, as seen from this forum those interviewed before me waitlisted as well. How many of those actually put the $750 down, I have no idea.

Oh and the amount is $750, and my letter says that the amount is fully refundable IF you don't get an acceptance from them by Aug 15. However, if before that they offer you a spot and you turn in down, then you forfeit your deposit. Hope that helps.

Gamecock are you putting the deposit down?

Mysteree said:
Sackof is right, the deposit date depends on when you interviewed. Mine isn't due this week. I interviewed in early mar. At the time of my interview they said that they had 155 deposits for 150 seats. They didn't tell us how many wait list deposits they had at the time. During my interview they told me that it was for waitlist, as seen from this forum those interviewed before me waitlisted as well. How many of those actually put the $750 down, I have no idea.

Oh and the amount is $750, and my letter says that the amount is fully refundable IF you don't get an acceptance from them by Aug 15. However, if before that they offer you a spot and you turn in down, then you forfeit your deposit. Hope that helps.

Gamecock are you putting the deposit down?

I heard from a tufts student that even if your on the waitlist, your chances of getting in when you reapply are really high, like basically you'll get accepted. The thing i forgot to ask is if we would have to go there and interview again?

preluder said:
I heard from a tufts student that even if your on the waitlist, your chances of getting in when you reapply are really high, like basically you'll get accepted. The thing i forgot to ask is if we would have to go there and interview again?

REAPPLY, those are not my favorite words at the moment. :mad: But thanks for the info :)

Mysteree, did YOU put the deposit down for Tufts waitlist?

Sackof said:
Mysteree, did YOU put the deposit down for Tufts waitlist?

As of today, I haven't, I have till april 3rd.

Sent in my deposit yesterday. Now I'm poor and can't afford to go home for springbreak. At least I have enough money to drink!! And oh yeah eat. :D HAPPY SPRINGBREAK EVERYONE!