Tufts Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redsox781

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anyone or is someone that got into Tufts after being waitlisted?...was hoping to get an offer but I'm waitlisted at the current moment.. kinda bummed about it...on by the way my interview was Feb 6th..any feedback would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted too :(.... which kinda surprised me... im going to call them tommorow, and ask them about specifics. I hope thats not inappropriate. I've heard of other people doing that when they get rejected.

it seems like a bunch of people got the news of being waitlisted this week...i guess the class just filled up and they're telling almost everyone that...bummer :(

Members don't see this ad :)
it seems like a bunch of people got the news of being waitlisted this week...i guess the class just filled up and they're telling almost everyone that...bummer :(

I'm in the same boat. I just interviewed tuesday and I asked them at that time how many they would take off the waitlist. They said only 1 last year and about 8 the year before. My hopes aren't high for getting in now.

I'm in the same boat. I just interviewed tuesday and I asked them at that time how many they would take off the waitlist. They said only 1 last year and about 8 the year before. My hopes aren't high for getting in now.

Really??? Only 1? geezzz...might as well send us the rejection letters right now! :rolleyes:

if you pay the 750 or whatever for the waitlist spot....and they dont accept you.. do we get the money back??!!

or a deadline for Tufts to start accepting people off the list, or somthing?!

anyone heard of the deferrels into the next years class..from the waitlist? this sucks.

if you pay the 750 or whatever for the waitlist spot....and they dont accept you.. do we get the money back??!!

or a deadline for Tufts to start accepting people off the list, or somthing?!

anyone heard of the deferrels into the next years class..from the waitlist? this sucks.

at the interview, melissa said clearly that we'd get a refund if we don't get accepted (get off the waitlist, that is)...so it doesn't hurt us to put in the deposit.

at the interview, melissa said clearly that we'd get a refund if we don't get accepted (get off the waitlist, that is)...so it doesn't hurt us to put in the deposit.

that is true, if you dont get accepted off the waitlist by the first day of classes, they refund the $750, but if you are offered a spot and dont accept it, you lose the money.

i was wait listed last year. I think they put approximately 50 on the waitlist last year and only took one. i reapplied early this year after improving my DAT's and never heard a thing from them. At least they got to draw interest on my $750 for six months

i was wait listed last year. I think they put approximately 50 on the waitlist last year and only took one. i reapplied early this year after improving my DAT's and never heard a thing from them. At least they got to draw interest on my $750 for six months

does anyone know if a school compile the waitlist when they first start interviewing people or is it only when the class is full :)( ) that they then compile the waitlist?? And then how do they determine your ranking on that waitlist??? I'm tempted to call them and ask for my ranking but my friend said they won't tell you...

I'm tempted to call them and ask for my ranking but my friend said they won't tell you...

they told us that they dont rank the waitlisters and that the group as a whole is evaluated whenever there are openings. Dont know how true that is but thats what they said in my interview.

I'm calling in any case... $750 is too much to invest blindly.

for those who got waitlisted, did you read the thing about sending transcripts? When do we send it? It says Feb deadline, then June deadline, then August deadline...I'm a little confused on that...

wait, for those who are on the waitlist, were you on active consideration before? or were you added directly onto it?

wait, for those who are on the waitlist, were you on active consideration before? or were you added directly onto it?

what is active consideration?

also, if waitlisted, were you suppose to recieve something in the mail verifying this and giving instructions? I didn't recieve any of that... the only way I knew was an update on aadsas.

But I guess I'm just gonna go ahead and assume its a certified check of $750 to trustees of Tufts college.... is this right?

thanks

what is active consideration?

also, if waitlisted, were you suppose to recieve something in the mail verifying this and giving instructions? I didn't recieve any of that... the only way I knew was an update on aadsas.

But I guess I'm just gonna go ahead and assume its a certified check of $750 to trustees of Tufts college.... is this right?

thanks

yep...that's right. I got a packet of stuff to sign last Tuesday...