Tuft's Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zebrafish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything? I know it a little premature, but I was just wondering? I should have been told by my advisors when I applied that really the process is 13 months of waiting....waiting...waiting:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

i withdrew my acceptance this week so that will open up a spot for someone

Members don't see this ad :)
no problem...im glad it will make someone happy. I know its tough being on the waitlist

I'm on the waitlist too.

Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

Anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

When I called the day before deposits were due they said ~35 but they would not give me an exact #. I asked if it was greater than 100, they responded certianly not that high more like 50. Hope that helps.

When I called the day before deposits were due they said ~35 but they would not give me an exact #. I asked if it was greater than 100, they responded certianly not that high more like 50. Hope that helps.

Good to know! Thanks!

I just got mail from Tufts yesterday congratulating me about the fact that I'm STILL on the waitlist and they also broke down the number of people in past cycles that got in from the waitlist..Anyone else get the letter?

Did you already send back your financial aid stuff?

I just got mail from Tufts yesterday congratulating me about the fact that I'm STILL on the waitlist and they also broke down the number of people in past cycles that got in from the waitlist..Anyone else get the letter?
Me too. The stats don't look good, but I am still optimistic.

Members don't see this ad :)

I didn't get that! Maybe it'll come today or tomorrow - Our mail is slow (get my NYU acceptance on December 6- mailed on the 1st)

i got that letter too...doesnt look to hopeful with the last years class, only 2.2% being accepted off the waitlist:(

i am curious though...what does the deferred admission into next years class mean? it says its highly competitive to be considered for this? do we do anything for it?

thanks.:oops:

to answer your question messenger, deferred admission just means that they give you an acceptance to the following year's class. From my understanding this process is really selective and only a few people from the waitlist are given this option. So in our case the deferred admission would give us a seat in the 2012 class without having to reapply. Sounds pretty sweet to me if you wanna go to Tufts as bad as I do.

oh forgot to mention that there's nothing we really can do for deferred admission. It is totally up to the admission committee to hand out this kind of acceptance. That's what I think from my understanding of the whole process.

i got that letter too...doesnt look to hopeful with the last years class, only 2.2% being accepted off the waitlist:(

i am curious though...what does the deferred admission into next years class mean? it says its highly competitive to be considered for this? do we do anything for it?

thanks.:oops:

Hey guys, just to let all of you Tufts hopefuls know, I withdrew my seat, so some lucky person from the waitlist will be getting a call. Best of luck everyone.

Well I called today and they said there were around 80 people on the waitlist, so that's a little more than the 35 or 50 number that has been flying around. Hopefully 20 or more people decide to go somewhere else so around 25% of us waitlistees can get in!!! =) good luck everyone

Hey Everyone, I'm a newbie, and I have been on the Waitlist since Late February. I got that letter with all the stats in the mail and I am wondering if there are any trends. I think it worked on me...a little :scared:

gl to you all

PS Does anyone know the stats of deferred admissions from previous years??

hey all. Just wondering about Tuftss secondary app fee. I'm applying this comming cycle. I looked on the website but I couldn't find the info on when to send it or how much it is. Do I need to wait till I am contacted? Any help would be appreciated.

I believe there is a list on the AADSAS website that tells you which schools require secondary application fees with the application.

I believe there is a list on the AADSAS website that tells you which schools require secondary application fees with the application.

cool. I'll have to look for that when the new cycle opens up. Yeah most schools had the info on their site but I couldn't find it for tufts and temple

has anyone heard anything new recently from Tufts for those on the waitlist by any chance?

no, but i think we should wait till july according to the letter we received. :sleep: :smuggrin:

Is this the letter with the stats from the previous wait list years? or did they send you another letter?

Looks like qtlilkitty got in off the waitlist! See the Tufts vs USC thread.
Congrats!

Congratulations to the next person on the waitlist, I have rescinded my position because I got into my state school. good luck.

Congratulations to the next person on the waitlist, I have rescinded my position because I got into my state school. good luck.

Thanks!! We need more people like you around here!

Skeety Peetey, it was great to meet you, best of luck in the fall at your state school. I want to mention I am greatful for your seat! Have fun out west! I am a bit confused though I thought you were accepted off the waitlist.

here's an update,
I called the admissions office, they told me that this week they offered admissions to 7 people off the waitlist. These students have 10-14 days to make a decision. They said at this point they are not sure how much more attrition will occur, but they will revisit the waitlist if more occurs. I was dissapointed I was not offered a spot, but I am still hopeing. If anyone heard anything else please post.

When i called them they said that they don't rank their waitlist... so if an applicants declines they just look at the waitlist for someone sharing similar stats. So the amount of people declining doesn't really matter... it's more like destiny, hopefully someone w/ similar stats as u declines :)

Thanks for the update, zebrafish :)

zebrafish... you got in off the waitlist?

here's an update,
I called the admissions office, they told me that this week they offered admissions to 7 people off the waitlist. These students have 10-14 days to make a decision. They said at this point they are not sure how much more attrition will occur, but they will revisit the waitlist if more occurs. I was dissapointed I was not offered a spot, but I am still hopeing. If anyone heard anything else please post.
Good Luck zebrafish! I hope you hear something positive from Tufts. :luck:

It's been quite some time now, just wondering if anyone heard anything new off of the waitlist recently? last i heard they took 7 people off of the waitlist.. anything new to report?..im still hoping

I received an information packet from tufts last week that explained that they will take more people from the waitlist if any of the accepted students do not send in their transcripts and other requested information on time. They will start taking students off the waitlist at the beginning of August (~Aug 6) for this reason.

I got a call today from Tufts - and got super excited - only to find out it was the health center asking for some more blood tests. That sucked.

Here's the latest...there has not been any further attrition. July 3rd they expect some since this is the date that people can withdrawl and still get some of their deposit back. After that they said August is the next time people drop their positions. Cross your fingers everyone!

Ahmen to that! I am still waiting on them too! Agh!

Here's the latest...there has not been any further attrition. July 3rd they expect some since this is the date that people can withdrawl and still get some of their deposit back. After that they said August is the next time people drop their positions. Cross your fingers everyone!

How much do you get back?? I didn't know that!

good luck guys I'm really hoping to hear something definitive in the next few weeks. Let's keep each other posted with any updates.

How much do you get back?? I didn't know that!
I'm not sure. It doesn't apply to me so I didn't ask. You can call Melissa or talk to one of staff in the admin office, I'm sure they can be much more specific.

Since the wait list is unranked and there are currently 70 of us on the list... we all have 1/70 chance or 1.4% woooooohoooo!!!

anyone hear anything new recently??? :rolleyes:

I just talked to Melissa she said that they are actively reviewing the waitlist right now. So it sounds like we might be hearing something this upcoming week or next.