Tuition Fee of Phils MedSchool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastorphysician

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings to all!

May i get some feedback about the average of Phils Tuition Fee (per semester) especially from UERM, CIM, FEU, and De La Salle? How much do you guys roughly spent each semester include housing, books, etc?
At first i'm interested to go to Singapore or Australia (MBBS/ British System) but when i heard the fee, i know i couldnt afford it even if i can pass the entrance requirement.
Im a working man now, and so medschool fee will come from my own pocket. Then someone suggesting me to check out Phils medschool. So any 2 cents for me?

Members don't see this ad.

tuition fees in most medical schools in the philippines ranges from 70,000-120,000 (tuition and miscelleneous fees). however, other expenses like housing depend on the location of the school (there are differences in provincial and city rates). books for first year students may be around 10,000 to 20,000 (depends on the book and edition). the rest of the expenses depend on the person himself (like food and recreational expenses).

tuition fees in most medical schools in the philippines ranges from 70,000-120,000 (tuition and miscelleneous fees). however, other expenses like housing depend on the location of the school (there are differences in provincial and city rates). books for first year students may be around 10,000 to 20,000 (depends on the book and edition). the rest of the expenses depend on the person himself (like food and recreational expenses).
You should specify that these are in Philippine pesos. Exchange rate is about 40 pesos per US$1.
Also the tuition and fees are per semester, so you have to multiply it by 2 for the year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Southwestern University - MHAM College of Medicine

Foreign Students

1. Tuition fee P74,731.65
2. Miscellaneous / Other Fees 54,155.03

Total P128,886.68 / year

MHAM is actually the cheapest one around. If you are in metro manila tuitions usually from P75000 - P100,000 / semester. UERMMC charges $10000, Fatima $10000, FEU $6000 as foreign fees.

BTW, are you a graduate of the British System, then you may do MBBS but Philippines is still limited to that option. You may PM me for any other info.

You should specify that these are in Philippine pesos. Exchange rate is about 40 pesos per US$1.
Also the tuition and fees are per semester, so you have to multiply it by 2 for the year.

sorry, my bad. :D

Thank you for all of your reply, i should make my question more specific. Sorry about that:D

So basically, the tuition fee is around 70.000 - 100.000 Peso but is it per semester count or per year count?
If it per semester, then it seems i should prepare at least 150.000 Peso per semester right?
Im still single now, but i think by the time i will enter the race of medschool i will be married already.
I graduate with B.A from American system and i think MD program will fit me on the sense of timing because MBBS mostly started after high school anyway.
Anyone know how much at CIM or De La Salle?

Thank you for all of your reply, i should make my question more specific. Sorry about that:D

So basically, the tuition fee is around 70.000 - 100.000 Peso but is it per semester count or per year count?
If it per semester, then it seems i should prepare at least 150.000 Peso per semester right?
Im still single now, but i think by the time i will enter the race of medschool i will be married already.
I graduate with B.A from American system and i think MD program will fit me on the sense of timing because MBBS mostly started after high school anyway.
Anyone know how much at CIM or De La Salle?

at de la salle (i'm a student there), tuition and other fees sum up to PhP85,000 per semester this coming school year for incoming freshmen.

Since my budget is very tight:p anyone know how much in at UERMM or FEU also ?

Thank You

Thank You

Both UERM and FEU are about 80K pesos per semester. Cebu schools are actually cheaper and living costs are cheaper too.

Thank You

for UERM you pay a 1 time foreign fee of $10,000 (P400,000) upon enrollment for 1st year plus you pay P80,000 ($2000) at the same time for the 1st semester and per semester after that. to make it simple...

1st YEAR
1st Sem - $10,000 + $2000
2nd Sem - $2000
2nd YEAR
1st sem - $2000
2nd sem - $2000
3rd YEAR
1st sem - $2000
2nd sem - $2000
4th YEAR
1st sem - $2000
2nd sem - $2000

if you are a non filipino citizen, you have the option of doing your 4th year in UERM's affiliated hospitals in Chicago and New York...but then ofcourse it will be more expensive because living in the US is very expensive

FEU has roughly the same rate for tuition fees...but instead of paying a $10,000 foreign fee..u pay only $6000
i hope that was clear enough...where are you from?

can anyone post the tuition fees for Cebu Institute of Medicine and Xavier University- JPRCM?

thanks

Does anyone know how much does SLU (St. Louis University) tuition costs per year?

I am just researching and I might consider going back there and continue undergrad and grad school there.

My number one choice would probably be SLU since I have relatives there and i love Baguio so much (you know, pabalayan da siyak :D. kitan tayu man nu naawatan yu diyay ;)).

Of course I would not go to a certain school just solely based on those reasons.

Does anyone know how much does SLU (St. Louis University) tuition costs per year?

I am just researching and I might consider going back there and continue undergrad and grad school there.

My number one choice would probably be SLU since I have relatives there and i love Baguio so much (you know, pabalayan da siyak :D. kitan tayu man nu naawatan yu diyay ;)).

Of course I would not go to a certain school just solely based on those reasons.
Contact this number:
Dr. John Anthony Domantay
Dean, College of Medicine
Saint Louis University
A. Bonifacio Street, Baguio City 2600
[email protected]
(063) (74) 442-3043; 442-2793; 442-2193;443-2001; 444-8246 to 48
local 293

Most likely they are not more expensive than FEU or UERM.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank You

for feu- 78000 php
+ p1000 p.e. + 500 lab fees + p250 (i forgot)

+ another 250 for your fare back and forth to the school:laugh::D.lol. joke.

all in all you'll also pay an amount of almost 80 taw.

Anyone from Cebu can give me some info?

I'm an Indo working in Singapore, my job gives me a good pay and comfort
but i know that medicine is my passion

Hello. I guess this is a late reply but if anyone is still interested.
For med shools, it ranges from about 50000-65000 pesos per sem. CDU they said is the most expensive. CIM is mid range. SWU is slightly cheaper. I don't know about Gullas. But the difference is really not that much for all schools.

Books will cost you 10-15000 a year. sometimes 20000.

For living expenses, It really depends on what your comfortable with. Dorms/Apt/Houses/Condos ranges from 5000-25000 more or less, with or without utilies around or near Cebu City. Sometimes its even semi or fully furnished. I pay about 9000 in a 2-br apt. Expenses do add up though like, water, electric,phone, internet and cable bills.

Transportation is accesible. Jeepney fares are mostly less than 10p. Cab fare is 30p +2.50p. You rarely pay more than 100p of cab fare if your around the city.

Food also depends on your palate. It is fairly cheap I guess. Night life is good. Beer is cheap.It's near everything. It's quire laid back. Not too crowded. Not too noisy. You can definitely study and relax when you need to. Beaches are near. less than an hour away if you want to go island hopping in mactan. 3-4 hours drive up north or south if you wanna go to dumaguete, bantayan island and malapascua. Really nice beaches. Mountain views are nice up in Busai. Bohol is a weekend getaway.... There are a lot of things you can do if you like travelling or if you just want to relax.
oh! and spas are definitely affordable. It's my after exams treat.

feel free to msg me if you have more questions i guess. :)

HI TO LOCTUSOFBORG!!

Hi Everyone. For UERM and FEU, does the foreign fee apply to a Filipino citizen who happened to have completed his/her undergrad degree in the States? Logic tells me that I shouldn't have to pay this fee (b/c of my citizenship) but any clarification/confirmation would be appreciated. If you have any info for other schools as well (Ateneo, UST, St. Luke's, etc.), I would also like to know. Thanks.

hey ppl i am a high school gradu. i wana apply for a university in the philipines cuz i got a tight budget, the De La salle in manlia is really gd i wana apply there as pre med student but i dont know wat course to take and the annual fees? i want to be a psychiatrist do i take psychology for my undergradute years or biology? wat is a gd medical skool in philipines which is cheap too?and wat pre med course should i take to be come psychiatrist.

thankx for ur time

hey ppl i am a high school gradu. i wana apply for a university in the philipines cuz i got a tight budget, the De La salle in manlia is really gd i wana apply there as pre med student but i dont know wat course to take and the annual fees? i want to be a psychiatrist do i take psychology for my undergradute years or biology? wat is a gd medical skool in philipines which is cheap too?and wat pre med course should i take to be come psychiatrist.

thankx for ur time

PSYCHology for PSYCHiatry

really, it could really help you out if you have a psych background. but on another point of view, every pre-med course has their advantage/disadvantage. Biology can help you out especially during basic science subjects like anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology. Nursing can help you out on clinical application and practical approaches. Med Tech can help you out on labs, PTs have their advantage over their mastery of anatomy.

bottomline: choose according to your preference.
PS: having a license aside from your MD like an RN, RMT, PTRP, etc feels really good (having that "professional" feeeling).:D

additional: government schools are definitely cheaper, but they have harder (and stricter) application processes. you might want to try the BS Human Biology program of DLSU-M since it is an accelerated program to medicine (2 years premed, 4 years med proper). more of a lasallian version of the INTARMED program of UP.

Last edited:
To jaypeeMD:

Is the special BS biology program leading to MD still being offered at DLSU. DLSU Cavite.. Am I correct? DLSU Main doesnt offer medicine !

Thanks

Saint Louis University in Baguio is one of the least expensive medical schools in the Philippines. Around P55,000/semester for tuition. Pretty decent compared to many of the schools in Manila.

SLU is a small school, that is true, but it's ranked in the top 3 schools in the country.

Also a plus, the weather is Baguio is so much nicer than in Manila! :)

For any prospective students who are interested, definitely call Dr. John Domantay, Dean, College of Medicine. He's an extremely pleasant and down-to-earth person. He'll answer all your questions directly.

To jaypeeMD:

Is the special BS biology program leading to MD still being offered at DLSU. DLSU Cavite.. Am I correct? DLSU Main doesnt offer medicine !

Thanks

That special BS Biology program is the BS Human Biology only offered at DLSU Main (Taft). the first two years are premed subjects and classes are held at DLSU Main. on the third year (since it is a three year course), classes are medical subjects (in short, this is already medicine proper) and are held at DLS-HSI at dasmarinas, cavite.

DLSU Dasmarinas also have a BS Human Biology program but it is a REGULAR FOUR YEAR COURSE. i repeat, a regular four year course. it is not the same as the HUMBIO program of DLSU Main. DLSU Dasmarinas doesn't offer an MD program.

the only La Salle campus offering health sciences courses (Doctor of Medicine, BS Nursing, BS Physical Therapy, BS Medical Radiation Technology and Midwifery is the De La Salle Health Sciences Institute (DLS-HSI), also located at Dasmarinas, Cavite. take note the DLSU-D and DLS-HSI are DIFFERENT campuses (therefore, different schools and administration) though they are located along the same road.

Can anyone please tell me the tuition fee structure of a foreign student for dentistry course in University of baguio ?

for UERM you pay a 1 time foreign fee of $10,000 (P400,000) upon enrollment for 1st year plus you pay P80,000 ($2000) at the same time for the 1st semester and per semester after that. to make it simple...

1st YEAR
1st Sem - $10,000 + $2000
2nd Sem - $2000
2nd YEAR
1st sem - $2000
2nd sem - $2000
3rd YEAR
1st sem - $2000
2nd sem - $2000
4th YEAR
1st sem - $2000
2nd sem - $2000

if you are a non filipino citizen, you have the option of doing your 4th year in UERM's affiliated hospitals in Chicago and New York...but then ofcourse it will be more expensive because living in the US is very expensive

FEU has roughly the same rate for tuition fees...but instead of paying a $10,000 foreign fee..u pay only $6000
i hope that was clear enough...where are you from?

HUH!? really? are you sure?
I thought that 80,000PHP for uerm tuition was for one year (both semesters)...so that would actually be 160,000PHP/one year.

HUH!? really? are you sure?
I thought that 80,000PHP for uerm tuition was for one year (both semesters)...so that would actually be 160,000PHP/one year.
No PRIVATE med school in the Philippines has a tuition of 80K per year. It's usually per semester. Only in public universities (UP, PLM, WVSU, MSU) offer low tuition. Most private schools will usually be 160K/year.

can someone tell me how much is the tuition fee in ust? or in st lukes.. big thanks!:thumbup:

Actually for foreigners, CIM is the cheapest in Cebu. The foreign student fee is about P6000 ($120) per year. MHAM-SWU is only slightly more expensive, by a few hundred dollars per year.

Best thing about Cebu is that it fits just about any budget. My 2bd apartment is only P2900 w utils incl. Of course it smells just like the buwad stalls outside (for those who don't know buwad, believe me you don't want to know!), and there is no aircon, and its a 20min walk to school..

So if on a supertight budgets, cebu city lets you save money in exchange for some quality of life concessions.

But best thing about Cebu, is that the whole city is built around students. The number of schools here is enormous, and study centers and numerous 24-hour coffee shops are conducive to learning. Because Cebu is a small city, its easier to get around as well.

HI STINKYBEAR!!!! MISS YOU AND ALL THE NUMBER 9s!!!!!! Where are you spending your summer??

hey der i am thinkin of starting in UERM but to enter u need a B.S or B.A, do u think havin a online degree B.S in Psychology counts???
or is it a must for u to finsh on-campus?

No PRIVATE med school in the Philippines has a tuition of 80K per year. It's usually per semester. Only in public universities (UP, PLM, WVSU, MSU) offer low tuition. Most private schools will usually be 160K/year.

UERM offers a tuition fee of PHP84k this upcoming school year. DLSU-HSC offers a tuition fee of PHP90k+ and UST offers a tuition fee of PHP102k+. Public universities offer low tuition fees.

UERM offers a tuition fee of PHP84k this upcoming school year. DLSU-HSC offers a tuition fee of PHP90k+ and UST offers a tuition fee of PHP102k+. Public universities offer low tuition fees.

Which is basically what I'm saying. The 84K-102K quotes are PER SEM. So expect to pay about 168K to 204K PER YEAR.

I was quoted around 67,000 pesos tuition/misc fees per semester at Southwestern University, Cebu for the June 2009 semester.

I'm not clear as to the breakdown yet, but I am waiting for an email response.

I was quoted around 67,000 pesos tuition/misc fees per semester at Southwestern University, Cebu for the June 2009 semester.

I'm not clear as to the breakdown yet, but I am waiting for an email response.
Cebu schools usually have lower tuition rates and the cost of living there is lower than Metro Manila.

I am basically from India and I wish to go for MBBS in Philippines. I was doing a serach in the Internet, when I came across Davao Medical School and Southwest University. Davao Mediacl is list in the Indian Medical Council Act and hence recognised. But Southwest is not listed in the Schedules of the Act. My doubt hence is, will be getting the Eligiblility Certificate from the Indian Mediacl Coucil, without which I will not be able to write the screening test once I return to India. Can anybody clarify this ?

hi all.. I'm a newbie here ..googled a lot on this davao school..but didn't find required info:-( do they offer accelerated bachelor's degree for international students? Is it easy for an average student to get the nmat score required for admission? Pls help :confused::confused:

Here's the tuition and foreigner fee information I received from Mr. Ramos the representative for Fatima that's from New York. Hope this helps.

Expected Expenses -

1. One time foreign student fee paid at the beginning of the Freshman year - $6,000.00;
2. Tuition per Semseter is $3,500 x 2 Semester in one School Year 7,000.00
3. In the Second, Third and Fourth Year you only pay the tuition of $7,000 only;
Foreign student fee will not longer be charged.
4. Clerkship fee will be charged by the hospital where you will do the program.

hello everyone,
i'm seeking your help on finding a good school here in philippines. i'm not a foreigner.. im from baguio city..im exploring other options other than slu..unfortunately wasn't able to catch up their deadline last feb28:(..so guys i'm seeking your help with the following FAQs..
1. school
2. tuition fee
3. nmat reqt
4. cost of living
thank you..please please...:)