Tuition Refund for Last Minute Matriculation Change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotlactose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Matriculating into an MD program this August. I have been accepted to my #2 choice school but still waitlisted for my #1.

If I pay my first semester tuition to my #2 school but my #1 decides to accept me the day before class starts, will I be able to get my tuition refunded? I can't really ask the admissions office at #2 because they may misinterpret my interest in their program.

Members don't see this ad.

Matriculating into an MD program this August. I have been accepted to my #2 choice school but still waitlisted for my #1.

If I pay my first semester tuition to my #2 school but my #1 decides to accept me the day before class starts, will I be able to get my tuition refunded? I can't really ask the admissions office at #2 because they may misinterpret my interest in their program.

Tuition is normally not due until classes start. At that point, you cannot matriculate to another school since you will be considered a medical student at school #2 and you will be stuck going to school #2.