Tuition Reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dolce7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
EDIT:

So is it fairly easy for PAs to find help with tuition assistance after school for working in rural and inner city areas? I'm finding groups that pay maybe $10,000 a year. Are there others that are better, are these jobs somewhat easy to get?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
EDIT:

So is it fairly easy for PAs to find help with tuition assistance after school for working in rural and inner city areas? I'm finding groups that pay maybe $10,000 a year. Are there others that are better, are these jobs somewhat easy to get?

Thanks!

The NHSC covers a lot of those areas. If the clinic site isn't already approved, it might be if you could get them to apply. The place that hired me is for profit, so is not eligible as I understand it. They don't offer reimbursement for completed education, but offered to pay for my doctoral education as long as I'm an employee in good standing. There is no limit, and they were nonplussed when I revealed to them that Duke's tuition is almost $1300 a credit hour and I have 45 credit hours remaining. :scared: I asked specifically about loan assistance and they said they couldn't set that precedent or they would have to pay for everybodys' loans, but they were very happy to make it up to me with the offer to completely foot the bill for the DNP. The salary structure couldn't be changed for a new grad NP, but they figured (probably correctly) that the precedent of paying for DNP degrees probably would not cost nearly as much as paying existing student loans. They knew I had more lucrative offers someplace else, and wanted to throw me a bone to entice me. I mention this, because I think even if it isn't offered expressly, if they really want you, they might negotiate on the point. I really hit it off with the other providers in the interviews, and I think they really tried to bend over backwards to win me over. They had me at "hello." :laugh:

Good luck!