Tuition Remission on internship/postdoc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barbatenussapientes

Reaction score
Is this a thing? I know many VAs and universities offer tuition remission for employees, does that apply to us? I'm very interested in pursuing another degree (MBA), and some programs offer reasonable part-time loads if done over an extended period (3 years of once weekly night class). I understand most will caution against the added stress during these periods but I also think continuing now is easier than attempting to go back at a later date.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a thing? I know many VAs and universities offer tuition remission for employees, does that apply to us? I'm very interested in pursuing another degree (MBA), and some programs offer reasonable part-time loads if done over an extended period (3 years of once weekly night class). I understand most will caution against the added stress during these periods but I also think continuing now is easier than attempting to go back at a later date.

Nope, you do not qualify for those benefits, as well as others (TSP, pension, etc) while on internship and postdoc in the VA. You do at least get you some health insurance, though :)

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, you do not qualify for those benefits, as well as others (TSP, pension, etc) while on internship and postdoc in the VA. You do at least get you some health insurance, though :)
And life insurance for about $3 a pay period if that is your jam.

Reactions: 1 user