Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beautiful1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can I find accurate tuition costs for dental schools?
I am seeing vast discrepancies between the school's official website, ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools, and Predents.com...
which source is the most accurate for determining the tuition costs for each school?
For example, VCU's tuition in the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools book is $42000 per year (OOS), however, VCU's official website lists it as $22,000 (OOS).

Members don't see this ad.

The extra money is for expenses and cost of living. Tuition is only part of the expense of a dental education. You have to buy or rent instruments, books and other fees as well as live. Most schools probably have this information on their website, if not you can always call and ask.

I understand that, I am talking about tuition only, not the fees, instruments, living expenses....
Like i said, for example, VCU's tuition in the ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools book is $42000 per year (OOS), however, VCU's official website lists it as $22,000 (OOS)

Members don't see this ad :)
VCUs OOS is approximately 52k this year. The 22k you see on the website is for a semester only and without the fees they tack on. Not sure where the 42k from the ADEA comes from. Your best bet for up to date tution amounts is probably the school websites.

I am pretty sure it is for 2 semesters (1 year), not for one semester only.

I am pretty sure it is for 2 semesters (1 year), not for one semester only.

"Tuition and Fees Calculator

You may use the calculator below to determine the per semester cost of attending VCU. Please note that the calculator provides an estimate of expenses and may not reflect the complete cost of tuition, fees and other charges."

I wish you were right, I've looked at that website too many times and it still stops my heart a little each time. :(

The past 2-3 years the price of tuition of VCU has shot up quite a bit (more than most schools). They probably haven't updated their website from them. I know cost wise they used to be very good for OOS but they had to increase the price a lot so I'm not sure if they are as good of a deal as they used to be.

so where are the cheapest schools for OOS?