Tulane acceptance with no interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akestler

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick question for all of you. I interviewed late at Tulane last year and was of course waitlisted with no class movement. Several weeks ago I was granted an interview for the 2nd week of December. I talked to the secretary and asked about the interview because I remember Tulane saying they sometimes use a previous interview if it was sufficient. She informed me it was unlikely this would happen since they probably lost a lot of the old paperwork and what not. Last Friday I get a letter in the mail welcoming me to the 2006 entering class. Very confused. Has this happened to anyone else, i'm thinking of calling tomorrow to confirm or ask what is going to happen with my tentative interview date. Comments?

Members don't see this ad.

akestler said:
Hey all,

Quick question for all of you. I interviewed late at Tulane last year and was of course waitlisted with no class movement. Several weeks ago I was granted an interview for the 2nd week of December. I talked to the secretary and asked about the interview because I remember Tulane saying they sometimes use a previous interview if it was sufficient. She informed me it was unlikely this would happen since they probably lost a lot of the old paperwork and what not. Last Friday I get a letter in the mail welcoming me to the 2006 entering class. Very confused. Has this happened to anyone else, i'm thinking of calling tomorrow to confirm or ask what is going to happen with my tentative interview date. Comments?

congratuf*ckinglations. you are in. don't ask questions. i'm pretty sure this happened to several other people that post on SDN. so yes, don't worry about it. i'm sure others will post soon. i'm interviewing in January and am praying for an acceptance. wish me luck.
-mota

Congrats,

I was gonna ask if anyone else got a secondary from tulane because i just got one.

fiddler

Members don't see this ad :)
yo, congratulations man!

nah man, if you had interviewed previously, they would use a previous interview to determine your candidacy. tulane has a history of accepting people from waitlist last year. that means you have high interview scores.

so congrats! its not uncommon for tulane. i know somebody else in which the same thing happened.

dude that is freakin awesome!