Tulane interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tufts02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview from tulane! The thing is that they set my interview date for jan. 15th. I had plans to go to Europe for a week and we're supposed to come back on the 14th. Does anyone know if it would be bad to change the interview date? I think getting to New Orleans would be cutting it close since I fly into Boston on the 14th morning. ugh...

Also, anyone have anything to say about tulane? it seems like a really good school but the fact that they don't require a passing board score to graduate kinda throws me off a bit...what's its reputation like?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congrats on the interview. I don't think it should be any problem changing your interview, just explain your situation to them. The folks at Tulane are really cool. Its reputation is fantastic too, especially for training good clinicians. They don't report stats to US News and World Report, which means they don't appear on any of their lists, but they're a fantastic school.

Can you tell I like the school? :D I interviewed there a while back but got waitlisted.

As far as the board scores go, starting this year they will require that everybody pass the boards to graduate. Actually, there are a number of schools that don't require passing to graduate, and that can actually be a "good" thing (if you don't pass). All residencies require an MD degree, but not all require a passing board score. I was speaking of this with a doctor that I work with, and she was saying she knows of people who actually got kinda screwed when they matched at really good residencies but ended up not passing the board and therefore not getting the MD, when the residency program only cared about the MD. I thought it was an interesting point.

Anyways, good luck!