Tulane Number Interviewed Number Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeardedRunner

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please give me those stats?
I looked at the School Selector spreadsheet and it said like 1100 people interviewed and only 172 acceptances - that can't be right!?!?

Members don't see this ad.

thas about dead on...according to the MSAR (which is where the data from that selector spreadsheet came from).

Thanks for looking that up but I thought the chances for acceptance were a lot better than that for most med schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers are off. The numbers from US News (2007):

Total: 6582 applied, 695 interviewed, 335 were accepted, 172 enrolled
IS: 473 applied, 102 interviewed, 70 were accepted, 36 enrolled
OOS: 6109 applied, 593 interviewed, 265 were accepted, 136 enrolled

thanks chad, I can always count on you.

The US News book provides the accepted and enrolled totals?

Woah thats awesome information. So the 335 accepted include from the WL? Do you happen to have Creighton's?

Woah thats awesome information. So the 335 accepted include from the WL? Do you happen to have Creighton's?

Yeah, 335 accepted does include those that were waitlisted.

Creighton
Total: 5433 applied, 593 interviewed, 340 were accepted, 126 enrolled
They don't have the IS and OOS data except that 14 IS enrolled and 112 OOS enrolled. Sorry.

Can anyone please give me those stats?
I looked at the School Selector spreadsheet and it said like 1100 people interviewed and only 172 acceptances - that can't be right!?!?

Remember: MSAR reports the matriculants, NOT the sheer number of acceptances. So only the people who actually end up going to the school are counted. But, as chad pointed out, the actual number of acceptances extended for every schools is significantly more.

where are you finding the # of people accepted to a certain school?

where are you finding the # of people accepted to a certain school?

Sometimes you can find it somewhere on their site.

But the easiest way is to pay the $15 to US News to get access to their medical school rankings and information.

I'm not sure about the book. These came from the online guide (it's $14.95 for access for a year).

To answer my own question, those numbers are in the book, too. (I came across it by chance yesterday)

Chad, you are the man.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if Tulane is a closed file interview? The 2007 interview feedbacks say yes, but the 2008 ones don't say.

I heard that Tulane was going down to one faculty interviewer this year and it will be closed... Don't know how accurate that is though.
Anyone know if Tulane is a closed file interview? The 2007 interview feedbacks say yes, but the 2008 ones don't say.

I called a few days ago and was asked to hold, but the lady didn't actually put me on hold, she just put the phone down while she waited for someone to bring her some coffee with sugar. She sounded like she really needed it. It was funny.

I called a few days ago and was asked to hold, but the lady didn't actually put me on hold, she just put the phone down while she waited for someone to bring her some coffee with sugar. She sounded like she really needed it. It was funny.

Wow

Yeah, 335 accepted does include those that were waitlisted.

Creighton
Total: 5433 applied, 593 interviewed, 340 were accepted, 126 enrolled
They don't have the IS and OOS data except that 14 IS enrolled and 112 OOS enrolled. Sorry.

Hey Chad any chance you can give me GW's stats? Pretty please?

Hey Chad any chance you can give me GW's stats? Pretty please?

I'm just going to cut to the chase: Chad, can you post the stats for every US allopathic school?

lol i wonder if usnews would have some issue with that

does anyone know if those "applicant" figures from US News represent the amount of people that applied from the primary application or the amount of applicants that actually finished a secondary? From what I have read, a lot of people don't finish all the secondaries of schools they listed in their primary app.

Thanks in advance!

whoa, wait a minute. Of course the accepted number will be greater than the matriculated number reported in the MSAR, but the MSAR has the number of interviews granted at nearly twice the number the USNews stats you provided does (1100+ vs 600+). Whats the deal with that discrepancy?

Unless, is it 600ish interviewed but not accepted, and the sum of the interviewed+accepted+matriculated were all interviewed?

I'm just going to cut to the chase: Chad, can you post the stats for every US allopathic school?
Unfortunately I can't do this for every school. In order to get the information you really need to just buy the subscription. I don't mind doing it for a few schools here and there, but I can't dispel all of this information for free that everyone else has to pay for.

It's only $15. Compared to the cost of primary and secondary applications, and then travelling to interviews. It's a drop in the bucket. It's cheaper than the MSAR, too. :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't do this for every school. In order to get the information you really need to just buy the subscription. I don't mind doing it for a few schools here and there, but I can't dispel all of this information for free that everyone else has to pay for.

It's only $15. Compared to the cost of primary and secondary applications, and then travelling to interviews. It's a drop in the bucket. It's cheaper than the MSAR, too. :thumbup:

Haha, I was being sarcastic and making fun of all the people who were asking for this school and that school.

does anyone know if those "applicant" figures from US News represent the amount of people that applied from the primary application or the amount of applicants that actually finished a secondary? From what I have read, a lot of people don't finish all the secondaries of schools they listed in their primary app.

Thanks in advance!

I'm confident that applicant number = completed secondaries.

Hi guys. I am currently a T1. From last year's applicant pool, 8500 applied, and there were 500-600 interviews given out roughly. They accepted a third or less outright I believe and put everyone else on the waitlist aka the "acceptable range"... BUT we had a LOT of waitlist movement this year so don't lose hope!!!

Our interview was closed file BUT that does not mean some can't get access if they don't want to, but for the most part, it is closed.

Tulane is a great school so don't give up if you are having problems with the secondary... It WILL BE WORTH IT!!!! Ok, hope this helps you guys!

whoa, wait a minute. Of course the accepted number will be greater than the matriculated number reported in the MSAR, but the MSAR has the number of interviews granted at nearly twice the number the USNews stats you provided does (1100+ vs 600+). Whats the deal with that discrepancy?

Unless, is it 600ish interviewed but not accepted, and the sum of the interviewed+accepted+matriculated were all interviewed?

No one knows? Surely the MSAR can't be off by 500+. IF it is, I want my $$ back...

No one knows? Surely the MSAR can't be off by 500+. IF it is, I want my $$ back...

Yeah, that seems a lil' odd.... let's just hope US News is right! :D

chad, would you kindly give me the link to the subscription?