Tulane question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinki

Sassy Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, what to do?

Just found out this afternoon I have a training seminar in New Orleans the weekend of Nov 1-2 and I have the option of staying several days for personal time.

I'm an August MCATer and a Tulane alum (undergrad many moons ago). I've sent in my secondaries to both Tulane and LSU-NO, and was wondering if it would be inappropriate to call up those schools and tell them I'm in town on business and would be available for an interview, if they so desired.

Does anyone have any experience or input as to what might happen? I'd hate to let a trip to NO be wasted... then again, if I recall correctly, nearly everything in NO is wasted!:p

Members don't see this ad.

you're perfectly within your rights to ask. thats how i got my gw interview at least. the worst that might happen is some admissions secretary will bitch at you.

Heck I sure would. The people at Tulane were really laid back and I am sure they would accomidate you....especially if you are an alum.

Give both of them a call. They will just say yes or no, but my quess is yes.

Good Luck
WISC-ite

Members don't see this ad :)
Just email the admissions email address and ask rather than calling. Because if you call, you'll get an annoyed secretary who'll probably say "your file is currently under review" and hang up. but emails are answer by Dr. Pisano himself (at least mine was) and he is like the most awsome dean of admissions ever.

as a Tulane alum also, you absolutely get preference in the interview invite process. I received mine way faster than I should have and my pre-med advisor says you do get some preference. if you don't want to get waitlisted there, make it more than obviously you would die if you had to go anywhere else. they are kind of weird towards alums for acceptances.