Tulane Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcesnc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just starting a thread for anyone that's been accepted or thinking about tulane. I really liked my interview there and probably will be heading there this fall, but I was wondering what other people thought, good or bad.

Any thoughts would help.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I want to get off the waitlist.

Originally posted by arikansas
I think I want to get off the waitlist.

Agreed, here too. It's definately my first choice, and if I get taken off I am definately going there over the other schools I've been accepted to.

Does anyone know what your chances are of being taken off the waiting list, and how long it usually takes?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning to defer, but I am waiting on a few key details (i.e. financial aid awards from my accepted schools) before I make my final choice and ultimately request the deferment.

Keep sending Dean Pisano updates and (re)iterate your passions for wanting to attend Tulane. Show some creativity and initiative... they seem to appreciate the unorthodox.

I'll definitely be going there in Aug.

My first interview was with a retired Ph.D. who used four letter words for the whole half an hour.

If a school can do that in an interview, its gotta great vibe.

Hope to see all of you later this year.

got waitlisted...but really want to be there!! it was my best interview trip in terms of laid back students and impressive location (and yes i visited during mardi gras)

Originally posted by exgatr
I'll definitely be going there in Aug.

My first interview was with a retired Ph.D. who used four letter words for the whole half an hour.

If a school can do that in an interview, its gotta great vibe.

Hope to see all of you later this year.

I got him. He was INSANE, absolutely totally nutballs. I don't think I said five things the whole interview. That said, Pisano is a genius of a human being. Errrggghhh, I've sent about eight e-mails and letters, I'm tired of the waiting game. But yeah, without a doubt, the place rocked. I'm kind of unsure about living in NO, however. The place is both awesome and exceptionally crazy as holy hell. Oh, and it gets hot. But we've got a beach house nearby, so if we all end up there together we'll have the most excellent get out of the city weekends.

What am I talking about, it's medical school, no time to party, no time to have fun.

Oh, wait, you said Tulane Med School. Well, that totally different. We'll party and get a superior education.

If anyone gets in early enough, are you thinking about the summer MPH program?

i'm definitely liking your thoughts luke, I'll be there for sure next year and can't wait. Oh, and N.O. is great, the good things about it totally make up for the bad.

Luke, I got in, and I'm thinking about the MPH program. My advice would be to send in the application now, if you need more info let me know, i wish i knew about it and had to do it really quickly.

My bro went there and loved it. He definitely had time (and opportunity) to have lots of fun, and he's doing great right now, so it didn't hurt his career at all.

I'm going to do the MPH program too I think, but probably not during this summer (military hpsp obligations) has anybody already applied?

oh, for those who are going for sure, have ya'll looked for a place to live yet? I'm going this weekend to look and am really looking for a place around the uptown area. For the current students, any advice? Thanks and good luck guys!

I just sent in my application for the MPH. Would like to get some done this summer so hopefully i can take a month off next summer to celebrate our last summer off :(

as far as living, you probably want uptown. I'd stick fairly close to st. charles, my bro lived by magazine and st. charles. anywhere around there (near tulane undergrad) is good.

what if i got ****ty grades last quarter 3.34? It's not worth it to send grades so should i just send an LOI? I was shocked that I got waitlisted there especially after my second interview twice told me that he was going to reccomend the admissions committee to accept me. He also asked me what it would take for me to attend to which i replied accept me. I also interviewed in the first week of october. I was pretty upset over the waitlist especially since it was one of the better schools I applied to and my first choice outside of the UC's who all **** on me.