tulane turn around time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayj

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

my file at tulane was complete 10/28/02 and around that time a lady in admissions told me I would probably hear something early December. I just called again and was told I would probably hear something after the 1st of the year. does it usually take tulane 2 months+ to review a file?

What kind of turn-arounds have other people both interviewed and not selected for interview been getting? Thanks.

Anton

Members don't see this ad.

I completed my file there toward the end of September and got the interview invite around the beginning of November. What they told me, when I was there last week, is that there are two major interviewing cycles, one before the New Year (which will give its final round of acceptances in a couple of weeks) and one after (which will give acceptances until the end of the whole med school application ordeal). Because of the hurricanes earlier this Fall (or late Summer or whatever it was) they lost about two weeks of interview time, which means they're still playing catch-up. They're planning on interviewing many more people in the next cycle and, since you finished your app so late, I wouldn't worry about not hearing from them yet. They're behind and there're many more interview spots still open.

ayj:

they were not lying to you. my app was complete around the beginning of october and i just got an invite last week. so the beginning of the year considering the holidays sounds about right.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i complete my whole application late september and waited a while and decided to call them in early november they told me that i was getting a letter in the mail for an interview in january. anyone going to be there on the 17th?

good luck

on hold! ok, i'm on hold at like every school it seems :(