Tulane vs Tufts SMPs

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by lostkat, Jun 15, 2008.

1. lostkat

lostkat MS 1

Medical Student
    So here is my predicament. I so far have been accepted to Tulane's Master's in Pharmacology and Tufts's Master's in Biomedical Science. Does anyone have any experience with either program that could give me the pros and cons on these SMPs? Some stats on myself: biochem major; GPA (sci and overall) - 3.8 from a very prestegious liberal arts college; MCAT 29O . I applied to 18 allopathic med schools this round; interviewed at 3 - waitlisted at all 3. I've sent the deposit into to Tulane and now don't know what to do. I am a Northeast girl - New Orleans is far (but I have family there); Boston is known and close. Has anyone from the Tufts program gotten into other schools from the SMP? What are the stats from the 25% that interviewed at Tufts? There isn't much out there about Tufts; I can find stuff on Tulane because it's a long established program.
    THANKS!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. akwizeguy

akwizeguy Jedi Member

Medical Student
    Since you are waitlisted, and high stats, why not look into Tulane ACP. Its only a semester long if you choose, and cheaper because its only a semester. You have to be waitlisted to be in the program.

Im going to the Tulane Pharm program, been accepted and all.

4. lostkat

lostkat MS 1

Medical Student
    Can't. I didn't apply to the Tulane ACP program and the deadline is long passed.

5. igcgnerd

igcgnerd Hawkeye

Medical Student
    I don't think it really matters in particular for increasing your chances next year with those great stats. Go wherever you can do well and apply broadly next cycle.

6. Prog86

With a 3.8 GPA I don't think you can better it by doing a postbac. PostBac are for people with low GPA's. If I were you, I would take the MCAT again and do better. I think that is a better more inexpensive option for you.

#5 Prog86, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  7. Ian1223

Pre-Medical
    Take an MCAT course you goofball and stop stressing too. :D