Tulane's Master of Anatomy Program 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MastersProgram1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been searching the threads about this program and have gotten a lot of information about the ACP program or info from like 2012 concering the Master's program. Does anyone have more recent information on the program, perhaps someone who has done the program?

Any insight would be great; thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you end up applying for the program? Not the ACP one but the actual MS one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I think it was no more than a week / week and a half. It was a pretty fast reply!
Hi! Did you end up starting the program? I just started my application but i was wondering how the program was and how difficult the classes are?
Thanks so much!

Hi! Did you end up starting the program? I just started my application but i was wondering how the program was and how difficult the classes are?
Thanks so much!

Hey I did! We're actually just finishing up next month. It is challenging for sure since you're introduced to some core medical school classes like anatomy, histology, and neuroanatomy. It's manageable though, just put in the time. The workload is a lot more intense for anatomy and neuroanatomy than histology I'd say. It's a helpful program if you're trying to see what med school classes are like I'd say!

Hey I did! We're actually just finishing up next month. It is challenging for sure since you're introduced to some core medical school classes like anatomy, histology, and neuroanatomy. It's manageable though, just put in the time. The workload is a lot more intense for anatomy and neuroanatomy than histology I'd say. It's a helpful program if you're trying to see what med school classes are like I'd say!

Thanks so much! And congrats on almost finishing! Do you know how the class averages in the program? Like do most have above a 3.5?
Thanks again :)

Thanks so much! And congrats on almost finishing! Do you know how the class averages in the program? Like do most have above a 3.5?
Honestly, I'd say yes or close to; we also take 3-4 seminar like classes alongside the main anatomy, histology, and neuroanatomy classes which work to boost your overall GPA!

Reactions: 1 user
I graduated from the MS program a year ago. I couldn't say enough good things about it. I have honored all my classes so far in med school, as someone who had a lower undergrad GPA the program really whipped my study skills into shape for med school.

I graduated from the MS program a year ago. I couldn't say enough good things about it. I have honored all my classes so far in med school, as someone who had a lower undergrad GPA the program really whipped my study skills into shape for med school.

Hey, I’m currently starting the program in fall 2019 and wanted to know if you are aware of any other classmates that were accepted into medical school? Also, how are they with writing letters of rec.?

There were only about 13 of us and only 3 of us applied during the summer before beginning the program. I know at least 4 of us have for sure been admitted so far. I dont keep in touch with most of them but I'm sure if you asked the director would give you the numbers.

I just applied! I really hope I get in because from what i'm hearing, it sounds amazing. I know it will be tough, but as long as I know that if I commit myself to the program, I can achieve that GPA that I need and be ready for the rigorous med or pa school classes. Thank you so much for your response! I might have a couple more questions if I get in lol

I just got accepted and would be interested to hear how things worked out for the people who have already graduated from the program!

When I spoke with someone in the BMS office, they told me that Anatomy and Medical Genetics/Genomics are the more rigorous master's programs offered and suggested that I choose one of them rather than Pharmacology. Any thoughts on why that may be or how the Anatomy program benefited your application to medical school? Thanks!

I just got accepted and would be interested to hear how things worked out for the people who have already graduated from the program!

When I spoke with someone in the BMS office, they told me that Anatomy and Medical Genetics/Genomics are the more rigorous master's programs offered and suggested that I choose one of them rather than Pharmacology. Any thoughts on why that may be or how the Anatomy program benefited your application to medical school? Thanks!
After Facebook stalking my class 9/13 of us are in medical school (US MD). The other 4 were either pre chiro, pre dental, or decided not to pursue medicine. I’ve heard the anatomy program and pharm were the hardest (maybe that’s changed?) but those are the only two, at least when I was there, that directly compare you to the medical school students.

After Facebook stalking my class 9/13 of us are in medical school (US MD). The other 4 were either pre chiro, pre dental, or decided not to pursue medicine. I’ve heard the anatomy program and pharm were the hardest (maybe that’s changed?) but those are the only two, at least when I was there, that directly compare you to the medical school students.

Good to know that the program has pretty good recent stats. I'm kind of worried about how they are going to handle the whole COVID situation, especially since I have already put down a deposit. But oh well... anything to get into med school lol

Does anyone know anything about the Tulane Genetics program? I was recently admitted. Thanks a lot

I was just accepted to the master's of anatomy program that is starting this August (2021) Thanks for all the previous thread replies. I'm incredibly excited to start and hopefully get a jump start on Med school.