Tumor Board time compensation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deucedano

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you get paid for tumor boards?

Members don't see this ad.

It is part of our overall contract for part A

I don’t think anyone gets paid for them that I know of. You certainly can’t be paid for them if you’re claiming CME credit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you are a contractor or adjunct faculty at an institution who needs you for your specialty and have hired you to serve that function with indicated compensation; you will not be paid for tumour boards.

You are free however to stand up during the middle of a deep clinical discussion at a tumour board and shout “when do we get paid for this?!?”. The blank stares and puzzled looks will be almost as good as compensation!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You should be doing time studies for all of your Part A activities. The hours should be the basis for your compensation.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with Dave. It a component of part A time study. Our negotiation of part A includes this as one of the activities.
Do we get paid per hour for this or any institutional activity, no.
It is part of our monthly fee.

I get paid for it as a contractor. One contract to run molecular tumor boards for a cancer center, another to participate in interdisciplinary tumor boards remotely.

I universally do nothing I dont get paid for. Like nothing. If I show up and merely pass gas at a conference, I get paid.

Reactions: 1 users