Tuoro University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnp123

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this school good?
What gpa and dat do I need?

Members don't see this ad.

It just opened last year and has not been accredited yet. There isn't any data on what their average matriculating GPA and DAT are either so I would just apply if I were you if you're interested.

Please define "good". It's also Touro btw.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this school good?
What gpa and dat do I need?
Good as in reputation of the school and its organization of the curriculum? I would like to say no if that is how you define "good."
I personally like schools with rich history since their curriculum would be more organized.

It's really new so who knows how it is. I don't know if Touro has released their stats or not

Why don't you ask some touro D1s how they like it.
Its new so can't have opinions yet.

Why don't you ask some touro D1s how they like it.
Its new so can't have opinions yet.
I've directly heard from someone who is currently at Touro as D1. They don't have anything and are sharing their rooms or whatever they need with medical students and turns out medical students hate dental students taking over their space.

Reactions: 4 users
I've directly heard from someone who is currently at Touro as D1. They don't have anything and are sharing their rooms or whatever they need with medical students and turns out medical students hate dental students taking over their space.

The hate is real!!!

So they make them take classes together?

I do not know the specifics. All I know is that medical students hate dental students at Touro for taking over the space for whatever the reasons.

They are terrible people then. Cant blame the students, blame the institution.

So not worth applying since its not accredited?

I mean, it probably will get accredited and I know people do apply there. If you're comfortable shelling out for their application/supplemental fee, then go ahead and apply. I just couldn't justify it since there are other schools in NY that I would rather go to than Touro.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a D1 here, the school has received initial accreditation by CODA and will receive full accreditation when we graduate the first class. They would not have been able to accept people into the first class unless they were both accredited by CODA and New York State.

Reactions: 1 user

Wow med school students are such selfish type of people. Let me guess, they are D.O.

I'm a D1 here, the school has received initial accreditation by CODA and will receive full accreditation when we graduate the first class. They would not have been able to accept people into the first class unless they were both accredited by CODA and New York State.
Receiving accreditation upon graduating their first class is not guaranteed. Very slim chance they won't get accredited due to the potential financial loss, but still not a guarantee.

I don't know what anything means, but we aren't sharing rooms with medical students. Unless you mean the school cafeteria/library, but we basically have our own library as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Going to Touro or not is definitely a personal choice. Are you willing to trade in your current situation to take a gamble? Are you ok with having a less than typical dental experience while in school? Do you understand that you will have to work harder to prove yourself and that you have to do a mandatory one year residency after graduation as per NY law? I wouldn't worry too much about accreditation. They will eventually get it even if it means they fail after the first year graduates. It's an expensive decision with a lot of uncertainty. The first few graduates will have a long and hard road ahead but I am sure in 10-20 years from now, it won't be an issue.

As others have stated it's Touro not tuoro lolololol