Tuoro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rolltide15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Does anyone know any of the stats on Tuoro's 2016 class?

Members don't see this ad.

Touro's entering class has a wide range of stats. Overall, they are probably lower than the national average.

Reactions: 1 user
It is an awesome school, but I didn't apply in the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am serious, application fee is $100, so i decided to apply a cheaper one.

I mean the part "it is an awesome school".

the heart and soul of the dental school lies in the clinical education, and this school doesn't even have its clinic built yet. Telling me the definition of "awesomeness"

I mean the part "it is an awesome school".

the heart and soul of the dental school lies in the clinical education, and this school doesn't even have its clinic built yet. Telling me the definition of "awesomeness"
Thank you for pointing that out, I don't even know this before you tell me this facts, but how does AADAS credit to this school?

I haven't sent in my supp fee yet, they asked a month ago lol. 100$ is outrageous.

upenn + Pitt totals 110 for two schools but this one is milking money like no other. Wouldn't be surprised if they hike the tuition after getting their feet set. The other two school tuition cost 70k, touro is 50k. That 50k is shooting up in no time.

Thank you for pointing that out, I don't even know this before you tell me this facts, but how does AADAS credit to this school?

they are in something called provisional accreditation not full accreditation. the school only has full accreditation when they graduate the first class.

building a brand new clinic for dental school is very high risk high reward but primarily its success or failure depends on LOCATIONNNN.

some schools pick the right locations and their clinic have no problems when they are up and running. but some schools, not so much, for ex: LECOM. it is in a very very rural area on the border of rural town. thus the school is experiencing huge patient shortage. the school even encourages students to hand out cards at supermarkets or some events to attract patients. one word: ridiculous.

Touro is absolutely golden on patients so they are fine in that. In fact NYU execs are worried about touro taking all their Jewish clients. Jews are extremely loyal to each other.

My mentor(not gonna state his name obv) is a professor at NYU dental and has told me a ton of confidential information about the issues the administration is having there. Don't know why he thinks telling a pre-dent is a good idea but I'll keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:
Touro is absolutely golden on patients so they are fine in that. In fact NYU execs are worried about touro taking all their Jewish clients. Jews are extremely loyal to each other.

My mentor(not gonna state his name obv) is a professor at NYU dental and has told me a ton of confidential information about the issues the administration is having there. Don't know why he thinks telling a pre-dent is a good idea but I'll keep my mouth shut.
Yonkers is also 20 minutes away, they will be fine patient wise. The recent ridiculousness at the DO school of over filling the class and taking away students' spots makes me worried about administration though (like you said).

Yonkers is also 20 minutes away, they will be fine patient wise. The recent ridiculousness at the DO school of over filling the class and taking away students' spots makes me worried about administration though (like you said).

That is ridiculous and unprofessional. I have a friend who is doing her DO there, she seems pretty happy though. But I was talking about issues NYU is having cause of Touro I.E faculty poaching.

Website states that they require a minimum of 2.7 oGPA and sGPA. Like JLT223 said, they do accept students with a wide range of stats. Anecdotally, I've heard of students with 2.8-2.9 GPA 18AA getting into Touro for 2015 and 2016. However, their tuition is insane, almost NYU/USC-esque.

BTW you've spelled Touro incorrectly :( not that I personally really care lol