Turning down optometry school after acceptance with the hope of applying again

Started by LASIK3937
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LASIK3937

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was accepted to a program in June, but since then I have been informed that I will not have the financial means this year to attend. I also haven't heard back from my master's jury regarding thesis acceptance, and I am expected to move to the US in less than a month. I have asked the school for a deferral, but their policy does not allow it for these kinds of cases. What can I say in my letter in order to properly express that these things were out of my control, and I simply need more time to get them in order? I fully intend to apply again, and I know they likely won't accept me because of this incident, but I figured I would try. Any suggestions?